GDT Sabres tonight at 7 or 7:08 in Jersey (on TV)

PASabreFan

Well the weather is nicer now and there  is more daylight so I will take a nice long walk with my wife after dinner.  I’ll catch the game later.  Since they are eliminated my interest is down, but I definitely do want to see them show up and show some pride.  

From the “what do I know” bin ...

One consolation I took from the Montreal game was Sam and Casey simply looking ...  stronger, bigger, established.  Sam sold me a few weeks ago, and Casey most recently.

I am eagerly awaiting some young kid we just develop nicely for a few years.  Dropping “the franchise, 1C, 2C” on these kids, necessarily, just stunts development, IMHO.

My kids all got trikes and training wheels.  I was convinced they were generational when they arrived.

Edited by Neo
  • Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Neo said:

From the “what do I know” bin ...

One consolation I took from the Montreal game was Sam and Casey simply looking ...  stronger, bigger, established.  Sam sold me a few weeks ago, and Casey most recently.

I am eagerly awaiting some young kid we just develop nicely for a few years.  Dropping “the franchise, 1C, 2C” on these kids, necessarily, just stunts development, IMHO.

My kids all got trikes and training wheels.  I was convinced they were generational when they arrived.

This makes sense to me through the prism of someone like Mittelstadt ("You are our 2C."), and in terms of probably the instant results fans tend to, rightly or wrongly, associate with getting "franchise" type players, but someone like Eichel was going to be touted as the Franchise no matter what team he went to. The hockey world billed him as a Franchise Player long before he ever came to Buffalo. 

Dahlin was being compared to Bobby Orr pre-draft. It's accuracy irrelevant in this case. 

Doesn't really speak to your point as a whole, but just in regards to how much of it may be Sabres-specific. 

Edited by Thorny

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

If they cant win this game, theres no reason why Housley should keep his job, he has lost the team. (I'm not saying winning this game he should keep his job, but losing it should all but put the last nail in the coffin)

I think they end up winning, possibly something like 5-2 and they act like they just did something big/special. The fans are just as pissed as if they were blown out because now they are costing themselves a slightly better draft pick/chance to win the lottery......

Housley also has lost the fans.  I'd be shocked if he's retained.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.