GDT Sabres tonight at 7 or 7:08 in Jersey (on TV)

PASabreFan

Amen.  I Hate losing.  

Our team has the talent to feast on the Devils.   The remaining games will tell us a lot about the core group (Eichel, Reinhart, Skinner, Risto, Bogo ...) and what kind of leadership we will get from them   

Im looking for pride. Drafting 6th versus 9th is not that important.  

58 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Newark is the only airport I am adament about not flying in or out of. Gonna have to agree it’s a crap hole. 

Ive flown hundreds of times and the only place I've missed a flight because of incompetent staff in the whole wide freaking world is Newark, so im biased against them hard. That whole NYC area sucks in general, why people want to live that close to/within distance of millions of other people is beyond me. 

Anyways, I feel like watching the Sabres is more stressful than Manhattan crowds around Christmas

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, #freejame said:

Newark is the only airport I am adament about not flying in or out of. Gonna have to agree it’s a crap hole. 

Newark has actually just had some pretty significant renovations and the airport is no longer the dung-hole it used to be.

It's still a nightmare to fly out of if you're coming to the city, and I actively avoid having to travel through there, but once you're in it's kind of nice.

In my opinion, Laguardia is the worst airport I've ever been to, although the new terminal looks nice, the rest of it is a disaster.

Go Sabres? Eh.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Looking at the Hurricanes (and their fans), it makes the whole Buffalo situation that much more sickening. Must be nice to actually have fun at a hockey game. Actually, it must be nice to just want to GO to a hockey game.

Honestly, I'm glad for them.  They brought that whole post-game celly thing over from Europe, the HNIC guys hate it, they've got something good going on there.  Good for 'em.

3 hours ago, #freejame said:

It's one of the biggest shitholes in the country.

I have many friends who used to work at TSA (attorneys) sorting out what basically amounts to employee-related disputes within the organization.  They always joked how almost all of their work came from Newark, specifically.

5 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

This group has already shown me everything i need to know about them...losing out is the only thing that even keeps me watching the 3rd period now.

Your thoughts and mine seem closely aligned on this.

We have a good thing going here--an epic, historic collapse--and the team seemingly quitting on its inept coach.

Why in the world would we want to F that up with wins NOW? 

Every slot we move up in the draft is a little better (on paper) and it also slightly improves our chances of moving up to 1, 2, or 3, which is a big difference to picking 6th or 9th.

I continue to think we will need a compelling case if we are going to see Housley dismissed post-season!  Losing out here (or close to it with maybe 1 or 2 more wins) SHOULD build a strong enough case to force action.

8 out of 10 Sabres games have almost no entertainment value in them anyway...so let's just keep losing, OK?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Newark has actually just had some pretty significant renovations and the airport is no longer the dung-hole it used to be.

It's still a nightmare to fly out of if you're coming to the city, and I actively avoid having to travel through there, but once you're in it's kind of nice.

In my opinion, Laguardia is the worst airport I've ever been to, although the new terminal looks nice, the rest of it is a disaster.

Go Sabres? Eh.

A friend refers to it as "the bus station of the skies", lol.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at DEVILS

• This is the third and final meeting between the Sabres and Devils this season.
  • Last meeting: New Jersey defeated Buffalo 4-1 in New Jersey on Feb. 17
  • The Sabres are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Devils; 3-4-3 on the road.
  • This is the 157th game all-time between Buffalo and New Jersey; Buffalo has a 76-54-26 series record.
  • The Sabres are 35-27-15 on the road against the Devils all-time.

THIS DATE IN SABRES HISTORY

• The Sabres are 8-8-3 all-time on March 25.
  • March 25, 1992: Donald Audette scores twice in 14 seconds as the Sabres improve to 30-16-2 against the Maple Leafs at Buffalo Memorial Auditorium. The team would finish with a 32-16-3 record against Toronto at the Aud.

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

• With a win tonight, the Sabres would clinch their first season-series win over the Devils (2-1-0) since Buffalo went 2-0-1 against New Jersey in 2013-14.
  • Jack Eichel has totaled five points (3+2) in four career visits to New Jersey.
  • Jeff Skinner has recorded six points (4+2) in his last seven meetings with New Jersey, including three points (1+2) in his last three.
  • Brandon Montour has recorded three points (2+1) in his last three games against the Devils.
  • Rasmus Ristolainen has totaled four points (1+3) in his last five games against New Jersey.
  • Conor Sheary has recorded a point in six of his last eight games against the Devils (2+4).
  • Zach Bogosian has tallied an assist in both of Buffalo’s previous matchups with New Jersey this season.
  • Alexander Nylander (2+2) and Rasmus Dahlin (0+3) each enter tonight’s game on three-game point streaks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.