GDT: Sabres at Canadiens 3-23-19 7PM

spndnchz

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Says the fair weather fan.

There are three teams near me. Some have even been good since I’ve been here. I hate them all because they are not the Sabres and none of them are my avatar.

That is unfair. A fair weather fan jumps on the bandwagon of the hot team for that month. I have been a Sabres fan since the day my dad took me to see Gilbert's 500th goal and it was a diehard fanhood ever since. 

I don't think it's fair to call me a fair weather fan when I spent 20+ years in Panther land and now I am in Hurricane land. I've already said, the Sabres will always be my team, but I need to find some entertainment. It's not going to come from the Sabres camp. The Canes are kicking ass with a roster nobody thought would go this far this early...... (Botterill, take note) They have heart and they want to win. The Sabres don't give a *****. Sorry if I offend you by going to a different team. I'm not officially going to a new team, I'm just switching my focus to a team that might give me entertainment to finish off the year because the Sabres sure as helll ain't going to do it.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

The problem now is that this team showed zero improvement this year and as it looks now, offers no hope for next year as they are at least 4 GOOD players short from being a playoff team.

For the last 50 or so games this team has shown that it is about a 58 point per 82 game season sort of team.

As you point out, there is no improvement to be found here.

Of course Housley needs to go, but so does Botterill!

He has not advanced this team beyond total dog doo status in 2 years.

Sayonara!

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

The problem now is that this team showed zero improvement this year and as it looks now, offers no hope for next year as they are at least 4 GOOD players short from being a playoff team.

The only thing to look forward to is to see if the kids have it.  Sad.  Other than that I’ve seen nothing to indicate this team is about to take the next step. 

6 hours ago, JJFIVEOH said:

If anybody is interested in getting playoff tickets to a "rebuilding" team and maybe an AirBNB, let me know. Or you could stop by and watch the Sabres play golf. 

I have no time to read the whole thread, but I can see that you took some heat for your new avatar and, IMO, rightly so.  If you say that you are not switching teams 'officially', but want to be entertained and follow a team in the playoffs (I'm doing that with the Habs) there is a right way and a wrong way.  Way up thread I told everyone that would read it that I am fully behind the Sabres, but will be rooting for Montreal (my long-standing second team for many reasons) once the playoffs start and if Montreal is in ... changing your avatar, IMO, is not the right way.

Your post that I am quoting is completely out of line and uncalled for, unless you are actually trolling everybody here.  There can be no other explanation, IMO.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
more clearer ... maybe ?????
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, JJFIVEOH said:

That is unfair. A fair weather fan jumps on the bandwagon of the hot team for that month. I have been a Sabres fan since the day my dad took me to see Gilbert's 500th goal and it was a diehard fanhood ever since. 

I don't think it's fair to call me a fair weather fan when I spent 20+ years in Panther land and now I am in Hurricane land. I've already said, the Sabres will always be my team, but I need to find some entertainment. It's not going to come from the Sabres camp. The Canes are kicking ass with a roster nobody thought would go this far this early...... (Botterill, take note) They have heart and they want to win. The Sabres don't give a *****. Sorry if I offend you by going to a different team. I'm not officially going to a new team, I'm just switching my focus to a team that might give me entertainment to finish off the year because the Sabres sure as helll ain't going to do it.

I guess it’s better to jump on the Canes bandwagon than to get run over by it.

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I have no time to read the whole thread, but I can see that you took some heat for your new avatar and, IMO, rightly so.  If you say that you are not switching teams 'officially', but want to be entertained and follow a team in the playoffs (I'm doing that with the Habs) there is a right way and a wrong way.  Way up thread I told everyone that would read it that I am fully behind the Sabres, but will be rooting for Montreal (my long-standing second team for many reasons) once the playoffs start and if Montreal is in ... changing your avatar, IMO, is not the right way.

Your post that I am quoting is completely out of line and uncalled for, unless you are actually trolling everybody here.  There can be no other explanation, IMO.

I don't see how it's out of line. But, you have your opinion. 

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

That Nylander shot was a beauty.

It looked deflected to me, which is why it was a goal.  It was going on a lower trajectory and then suddenly roofed itself for the crossbar.  So it wasn't as wicked a shot as I initially thought.  Not saying he doesn't have talent though, he clearly does.  He also has a decent body for a kid.  Wish Dahlin was built like him!

By my viewing of it, the deflection came off Price's arm.  He beat him with the shot.

If you go to the NHL replay of it, the last, slo-mo replay shows the defender's stick and Reino's stick, with a gap between the puck on each.  It didn't deflect until Price, I'm pretty sure.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

By my viewing of it, the deflection came off Price's arm.  He beat him with the shot.

If you go to the NHL replay of it, the last, slo-mo replay shows the defender's stick and Reino's stick, with a gap between the puck on each.  It didn't deflect until Price, I'm pretty sure.

Just went and watched again from various angles; I can't really tell what happened, but I can't see a deflection either.  It either hit a stick paddle right in front of Price or it didn't.  It was going on a pretty high trajectory on its own, so I'm back to agreeing it was a wicked shot!

LOL

On 3/23/2019 at 11:45 PM, Scottysabres said:

Unfortunately, yes, close

If you think Dahlin has looked "terrible" for the majority of the season, you are out to lunch. 

On 3/24/2019 at 1:09 AM, SwampD said:

Says the fair weather fan.

There are three teams near me. Some have even been good since I’ve been here. I hate them all because they are not the Sabres and none of them are my avatar.

Amen. F*ck the Jets!! 

To each their own, it's not for me to say who another fan should or should not support, but on a personal level I could never truly get behind another team, especially the local one. 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.