GDT: Sabres at Canadiens 3-23-19 7PM

spndnchz

10 minutes ago, Ogre said:

The Americanized version is bad...

When you sit down with a slaw dog and a plate of skin-on fries with fresh-that-day curds and homemade gravy, you know you’re someplace nice...a Molson Golden and pretty girls everywhere..Oui...

Well I spent considerable time back in Quebec in the summer of 85, back then I was a young man.  

I agree, the number of pretty girls was very high, and I was a transplant from southern California at that time.  So I’m with you.   

5 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Say it isn't so JJ.  It's not where you live but where your heart is.

My heart will always be with the Sabres. But until they give me something to cheer about, I might spend some time rooting for my home team. Not being a fair weather fan, just being a fan who is sick of zero progress over several years. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I thought defensively we lost the game.

Scoring 4 goals should win you an NHL game.

Dahlin does look terrible roughly 50% or more of his games. He is young, but not a good outlook that he'll correct all what's wrong with his play in 1 off season. I expect more of the same from him next season.

Bogo will be playing for a contract, maybe he shows more than this season.

Scandella, Risto, Nelson all easily replaceable imo.

Montour is a nice get however, like his game.

We lack beef and passion/fire in the belly on defense.

6 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Dahlin does look terrible roughly 50% or more of his games. He is young, but not a good outlook that he'll correct all what's wrong with his play in 1 off season. I expect more of the same from him next season.

Who are they replaced with , so easily?

Dahlin : Even though he is just 18, his mistakes at this point of the season are pretty alarming. He needs a lot of work.

Edited by klos1963

48 minutes ago, freester said:

We gave up 7 goals. One bad penalty by a fourth liner is not the reason this team blows. Girgensons is not the problem. 

yep u r correct sir. with losers like the bills and sabres its always this play here or that play there or that penalty here and there. its not about that at all. its the minute by minute toughness and execution that counts

11 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

My heart will always be with the Sabres. But until they give me something to cheer about, I might spend some time rooting for my home team. Not being a fair weather fan, just being a fan who is sick of zero progress over several years. 

I hear you...I am in Florida so I will be pulling for Tampa

20 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Not even close. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

How in the world you separate Montour out from the rest of that pile of garbage I'll never know.

14 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I hear you...I am in Florida so I will be pulling for Tampa

That's a great alternative. 

I spent 22 years in Florida. I think the last two years the Panthers have been great. Last year they had the 2nd best record after the all-star game and became the team with the most points ever to miss the playoffs. This year they went on a hot streak after Lou and Trochek came back. Barkov, Hoobie and Daddy are gelling like crazy. If they can slightly improve their D next year and find a way to dump Reimer, they could be a contender. 

I don't want to blow off the Sabres. They will always be my team. But I have two other teams to root for, I think it's important to root for the home team (even though I am equidistant to Nashville). Sabres fans might hate me for rooting for Raleigh, but they might be playoff bound............... the Panthers and Sabres aren't.  

Edited by JJFIVEOH
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

Im in Minneapolis 18 years and I would never root for the Wild. I would be too jealous of their fans. Must be an old school thing. Sabres for better or worse.

Same for me; haven't lived in WNY in over 20 years now....couldn't imagine rooting for a NHL team not named Buffalo Sabres...as much as they suck!

16 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Same for me; haven't lived in WNY in over 20 years now....couldn't imagine rooting for a NHL team not named Buffalo Sabres...as much as they suck!

Me neither. I've grown up knowing the Sabres, I know the system, I know all the players coming up and their history.......

But, at the same time, if you're a transplant, you have to show some interest in the home town team when the Sabres continue to blow. 

I felt guilty at first following the Panthers and now the Hurricanes. I'll still follow the Sabres with a passion. But in the meantime I have lived in 3 locations in my 40+ years of life. At some point I have to root for the home team. But, if it comes down to the Hurricanes, Panthers and Sabres on a single night..... you bet your ass I'll be watching the Sabres game. 

I don't want to be labeled as a deserter........ I just want to see some competitive performances from up and coming teams...... teams that seem to improve in half the time the Sabres seem to. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JJFIVEOH said:

You are the very definition of a fair weather fan.

Buh-bye.

1 hour ago, JJFIVEOH said:

But, at the same time, if you're a transplant, you have to show some interest in the home town team when the Sabres continue to blow. 

Ugh no.  Not when Philly is the nearest home town team.  Their fans are......let's take the high road here..... the most annoying in the league.

1 hour ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Me neither. I've grown up knowing the Sabres, I know the system, I know all the players coming up and their history.......

I felt guilty at first following the Panthers and now the Hurricanes. I'll still follow the Sabres with a passion. But in the meantime I have lived in 3 locations in my 40+ years of life. At some point I have to root for the home team. But, if it comes down to the Hurricanes, Panthers and Sabres on a single night..... you bet your ass I'll be watching the Sabres game. 

I don't want to be labeled as a deserter........ I just want to see some competitive performances from up and coming teams...... teams that seem to improve in half the time the Sabres seem to. 

Says the fair weather fan.

There are three teams near me. Some have even been good since I’ve been here. I hate them all because they are not the Sabres and none of them are my avatar.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.