GDT: Sabres at Canadiens 3-23-19 7PM

spndnchz

26 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

All these closet Montreal fans, no wonder Buffalo culture is a problem! Rico and Gilbert are crying somewhere................

F**k the Habs. Always hated them always will as all Buffalo fans should. 

I actually don't think they are any better than us aside from goaltending. Likely they win, but if we get good goaltending it's a toss up. 

To be fair Montreal is one of the coolest cities in North America and the food there is amazing.

Anyone ever eat at Joe Beef? I've been there twice and it's something else.

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

In practical terms, this pick remains the Blues pick if it's in the top 10 (it still could in the unlikely event the Blues miss the playoffs), becomes the Sabres pick if lands 11 to 20 and will be the Ducks pick if it's lower than 20 and higher than San Jose's pick. Right now, the Blues pick would be 19th and the Sharks 28th. Playoff results could significantly change that.

WIKIPEDIA:

1. The teams that did not qualify for the playoffs the previous season (picks 1–15)
  2. The teams that made the playoffs in the previous season but did not win either their division in the regular season or play in the Conference Finals (picks 16–23 up to 27)
  3. The teams that won their divisions in the previous season but did not play in the Conference Finals (potentially picks 24–27)
  4. The teams that lose in Conference Finals (picks 28 and 29)
  5. The team that was the runner-up in the Stanley Cup Finals (pick 30)
  6. The team that won the Stanley Cup in the previous season (pick 31)

Right now the Blues are four points ahead of Dallas who holds the 16th pick and three behind Vegas who holds the 21st.

In practical terms — and pending a Blues run into the final four — any combination of Vegas wins and St. Louis losses that equal 7 should clinch the Blues pick for Buffalo. Both teams have eight games left.

EDIT: looks like Scotty and I were replying at the same time.

Typo. higher than 20. If it doesn't reach 20, regardless of where the San Jose pick above 20, it's our as long as it's not top 10.

Right now, I'm rooting for every team possible to stomp on the Blues, there are so few games left.

I like the fact they have Tampa tonight, then, face Vegas ?

There is always hope, as Capt. Kirk said ?

Edited by Scottysabres

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

In practical terms, this pick remains the Blues pick if it's in the top 10 (it still could in the unlikely event the Blues miss the playoffs), becomes the Sabres pick if lands 11 to 20 and will be the Ducks pick if it's lower than 20 and higher than San Jose's pick. Right now, the Blues pick would be 19th and the Sharks 28th. Playoff results could significantly change that.

WIKIPEDIA:

1. The teams that did not qualify for the playoffs the previous season (picks 1–15)
  2. The teams that made the playoffs in the previous season but did not win either their division in the regular season or play in the Conference Finals (picks 16–23 up to 27)
  3. The teams that won their divisions in the previous season but did not play in the Conference Finals (potentially picks 24–27)
  4. The teams that lose in Conference Finals (picks 28 and 29)
  5. The team that was the runner-up in the Stanley Cup Finals (pick 30)
  6. The team that won the Stanley Cup in the previous season (pick 31)

Right now the Blues are four points ahead of Dallas who holds the 16th pick and three behind Vegas who holds the 21st.

In practical terms — and pending a Blues run into the final four — any combination of Vegas wins and St. Louis losses that equal 7 should clinch the Blues pick for Buffalo. Both teams have eight games left.

EDIT: looks like Scotty and I were replying at the same time.

Someone recently posted what seemed to be the official draft order rules from NHL.com and there was no mention in it of the Conference Finals factoring into seeding. I'm unsure now of which is the true way.

6 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Why are we 14 points below these guys again? 

5 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

Price has been hard to score on lately.  Sabres will be hard pressed to score tonight.  If they get two goals, they better play staunch defense.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.