Practice Report 3/21/19

Brawndo

Just now, woods-racer said:

He also botched 2 attempted D-zone clearing passes that lead directly to Toronto's 2nd goal.

He did.

Isnt it ironic that all the golden chances TO had last night, all three of their goals were lucky bounces? Really shows the randomness of hockey on a game-to-game basis.

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He did.

Isnt it ironic that all the golden chances TO had last night, all three of their goals were lucky bounces? Really shows the randomness of hockey on a game-to-game basis.

It is ironic.

That in no way means we should of had a chance to win the way we played though.

Toronto out shot, out chanced, and out skated us for the first 2 periods. Then let us have a period where we thought we had a chance.

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Wilson on D. Am I missing something?

I'm assuming filling in for *rest days* for Bogo.

Not sure what is going on with Hunwick.

27 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He did.

It's funny how Hutton answered that though. He brushed off the notion of luck and said when you give up that many chances, it's bound to go in.

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It's funny how Hutton answered that though. He brushed off the notion of luck and said when you give up that many chances, it's bound to go in.

Absolutely. Game should have been 6-1 or so by the play.

Leafs didn't do anything egregious on the Sabres goals either, just perfect shots from outside prime scoring areas.

1 minute ago, spndnchz said:

Thompson, Mitts, Rodriguez, all these guys regularly give the puck up in their zone.

Yes they do.

It's one of the reasons we lose regularly.

Which one of the middle six Phil wants to sit for a game or two may look arbitrary to us,  but I'm under the believe they are told day in and day out what will get them in the press box.

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

My fear is that Housley likes sobotka too much for some unknown reason that we're gonna stuck with him in the top 6 for years to come, and that is a very terrible thought 

JBot put that guy on our team for years to come.  Frightening 

21 hours ago, dudacek said:

He did.

It's kind of like the lottery....the more tickets you buy the better your chances are.

With our team it's more like ,,,,if you don't play you have no chance.

• Sad 1

I think it needs to be pointed out that this was an off-day practice. An opportunity to look at different combinations, and to refocus on playing the system.  It could be a response to the freelancing lately

I wouldn't be surprised to see more familiar combos tomorrow.

Sabres need to find some mojo toward the end of the year... still at this point I am fine with them experimenting and trying to figure out what the team may look like next year... with offseason moves and young guys coming up next year I am hopeful that they can take another step...  I don't think they are that far off from being there with some key additions one on D, another center and young guys maturing and taking the next step... Dhalin, Mitts, TT, Nylander, Olloffson and maybe Asplund and top draft pick especially if Sabres get lucky and move up to top 2.  I could see Pekar replacing Girgenson or Larrson on the fourth line in the next couple years as well... A lot of this will be about these young guys maturing physically and mentally on a daily compete level.  Talent is slowly coming... frustrating it is taking this much time and I wonder if Phil has the stones to push them, but the talent is better than it has been.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.