Sabres to play Lightning in Sweden 11/8 & 11/9

Sabel79

2 hours ago, SDS said:

This topic has nearly been 100% logistics for those going. Not sure what you expect when you visit.

It's a fair point I think.  Perhaps a new thread for the discussion of the upcoming games themselves?  I realize this thread started off with the announcement but it did quickly turn into logistics.  At this point, all Sabres talk for upcoming games would be focused on the Sweden trip so it might make sense to have a separate thread. 

11 minutes ago, LTS said:

It's a fair point I think.  Perhaps a new thread for the discussion of the upcoming games themselves?  I realize this thread started off with the announcement but it did quickly turn into logistics.  At this point, all Sabres talk for upcoming games would be focused on the Sweden trip so it might make sense to have a separate thread. 

I would have use the the topic that has 10 pages filled with logistics as the logistics topic. That’s just me. No one is turning this thread into a game thread because people won’t stop quoting past posts. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SDS said:

I would have use the the topic that has 10 pages filled with logistics as the logistics topic. That’s just me. No one is turning this thread into a game thread because people won’t stop quoting past posts. 

I started a new thread, if you want, we can move things over there 

Not sure how easy that is on your end 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, SDS said:

I appreciate the thread and will try to check-in under wifi, maybe with 2 cents of whats going on. Obviously noticed all the Insta posts this morning with some guys on the ice already with family, friends and the first practice. Nice touch bringing Pilut along.

Really curious on what/who the media will be travelling over for coverage, planning on O'Learys' Thursday night. O'Learys looks like a pretty modern sports bar, curious on the Bills coverage Sunday night.........

Airport transport seems abundant, as long as we get downtown to the station were golden, no pun intended. 

Edited by Chief Enabler

On 11/3/2019 at 3:56 PM, PASabreFan said:

Could the traveling people have their own thread? I keep coming here for something of interest on the games. Or maybe rename this thread and a new thread for pregame chatter could be started.

I like this as a Special GWT.  Awesome. 

I hope to retire in about a year and this is exactly what I would do. 

On 11/3/2019 at 6:22 PM, Brawndo said:

I would love to see the Sabres Start the Swedish Six for a game

Olofsson-Larsson-Johansson  

Pilut-Dahlin

Ullmark 

... and Angry Larry scores a hat trick.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SwampD said:

I would wear Ville’s stuff. I think it’s awesome.

And I bet before RaKru, Risto felt that same “Jail.”

The Billebeino brand really seems to have grown. They place a big focus on circular manufacturing processes and I think that's really important. It's an interesting experiment to see whether a brand can grow itself by marketing the fact that its products are more expensive, better for the environment, and produced by workers being paid a fair wage. Credit to Ville where it's due, he clearly has a passion for it. Sucks he had to be such a mess here as a hockey player.

10 hours ago, SwampD said:

I would wear Ville’s stuff. I think it’s awesome.

And I bet before RaKru, Risto felt that same “Jail.”

Well, now I've looked at his concept.  It's evolved and no longer looks ugly, but someone our age wearing most of that would definitely be accused of trying too hard to look young!

7 hours ago, darksabre said:

The Billebeino brand really seems to have grown. They place a big focus on circular manufacturing processes and I think that's really important. It's an interesting experiment to see whether a brand can grow itself by marketing the fact that its products are more expensive, better for the environment, and produced by workers being paid a fair wage. Credit to Ville where it's due, he clearly has a passion for it. Sucks he had to be such a mess here as a hockey player.

Another interesting element to his Business Model is while these clothes are "extremely over-priced", if you return the items you are unsatisfied with, you are refunded 1/3 the replacement value (annualized of course).    And while there "seems" to be a higher level of quality with the manufacturing, with an expected lifespan of 6 years, most people are returning after three years.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

Does anyone else have a  bad feeling about this road trip?

I think we are in for a new form of Stockholm Syndrome with 2 more losses thrown on the recent pile.

I hope I'm wrong!

I have no idea which way it'll go. I would think our Swedes would want to shine in front of friends and family (and the hometown press) and I would think our coach motivator knows how to keep them focused, but on the other hand maybe they just treat this like a holiday and fail to show up. No idea, but if they DO NOT come out with solid efforts, I think it does tell you something about the attitude (and culture) of this team. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Does anyone else have a  bad feeling about this road trip?

I think we are in for a new form of Stockholm Syndrome with 2 more losses thrown on the recent pile.

I hope I'm wrong!

What I'd be worried about is what this trip does to the schedule.

I didn't like the Jets going to Finland last year and was jumped on by Jets' fans when I mentioned it. After the games, most everyone was complaining about what it did to the schedule.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Ducky said:

What I'd be worried about is what this trip does to the schedule.

I didn't like the Jets going to Finland last year and was jumped on by Jets' fans when I mentioned it. After the games, most everyone was complaining about what it did to the schedule.

There will definitely be a compression of games especially considering this 5 day layoff DOESN'T count as their official 5 day layoff.

But they are a young squad and should be able to deal with the rigors of squeezing a full 187 day season into 182 days.  And if they can't; that's on management.

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

There will definitely be a compression of games especially considering this 5 day layoff DOESN'T count as their official 5 day layoff.

But they are a young squad and should be able to deal with the rigors of squeezing a full 187 day season into 182 days.  And if they can't; that's on management.

There already has been a compression. 

1 minute ago, miles said:

I dont know what to do with myself with such a large gap in between games 

Just remember that it is November.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.