Sabres to play Lightning in Sweden 11/8 & 11/9

Sabel79

5 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I think it's Janet Jackson, and I have no idea why she's saying that. I partially picked this to agree with your comment and partially because I knew I'd invoke a response to speaking meme ?? and you didn't fail to deliver 

But she's NOT saying that.  She's just eating a chip and moving her eyes around.

1 hour ago, Chief Enabler said:

Pretty sure it’s on the rail line.

i was looking into the Stockholm pass.com package, mobile version $160 5 day adult. Basically unlimited city transportation and 60 Museums etc.

Stockholm pass is well worth it if you are there for long. For me not so much as we're in on Friday and away on Sunday. Sadly Stockholm pass isnt accepted on train or flygbussarna bus from airport.

The VASA museum on djurgarden is outstanding btw. In fact Djurgarden is really nice. Lots to see. 

50 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Stockholm pass is well worth it if you are there for long. For me not so much as we're in on Friday and away on Sunday. Sadly Stockholm pass isnt accepted on train or flygbussarna bus from airport.

The VASA museum on djurgarden is outstanding btw. In fact Djurgarden is really nice. Lots to see. 

Yes, thanks for the recommendations, planning on lots of museums and palaces. This is a 20th wedding anniversary trip, so there's alot of compromise going on and I'm sure I will never hear the end of "We went to Sweden to see a hockey game" Ugh.......worth it!

Edited by Chief Enabler

Idk guys, the capital cities are nice because they hold a lot of things, but I really really try and leave the big cities as much as I can. You don't really experience true culture in the cities, it's just a giant mix of douche bags and Americans ??. For trips like this is basically a necessary evil, but I try my best to consolidate the city things into 1 day and then head for the hills/forest/mountains. 

21 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Idk guys, the capital cities are nice because they hold a lot of things, but I really really try and leave the big cities as much as I can. You don't really experience true culture in the cities, it's just a giant mix of douche bags and Americans ??. For trips like this is basically a necessary evil, but I try my best to consolidate the city things into 1 day and then head for the hills/forest/mountains. 

I just fell in love....

?

Out of curiosity, how are people planning to travel from Arlanda to Stockholm?

I've read about Flygbussarna, Flixbus, Arlanda Express, and more.

My head is spinning... but i was thinking about Flixbus and then possibly Uber or just walk (pending weather).

Edited by LTS

4 hours ago, LTS said:

Out of curiosity, how are people planning to travel from Arlanda to Stockholm?

I've read about Flygbussarna, Flixbus, Arlanda Express, and more.

My head is spinning... but i was thinking about Flixbus and then possibly Uber or just walk (pending weather).

Probably the train for us. Quickest way. Takes around 20min apparently, bus can be 45mins+ (all according to the internet so take this info with a pinch of research).

I found the infos here

Double edit. The non express train is also available and takes 37mins. This is affiliated with Stockholm Public transit so the travel card should work. Blmaybe the best compromise.

Edited by steveoath

4 hours ago, steveoath said:

Probably the train for us. Quickest way. Takes around 20min apparently, bus can be 45mins+ (all according to the internet so take this info with a pinch of research).

I found the infos here

Double edit. The non express train is also available and takes 37mins. This is affiliated with Stockholm Public transit so the travel card should work. Blmaybe the best compromise.

Thanks, pretty much echoes what I have read.  Just debating paying the 500SEK compared to 200SEK for Flygbussarna, or even cheaper if I choose FlixBus.. which is like $5 each way.

That said.. the ease and speed of the Express might seal the deal.

Is anyone going to try and attend The Athletic meetup at O'Leary's on the 7th?

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks for the info @LTS all things considered I think we'll be getting the regular SL commuter train from Arlanda to Central. Takes 37mins and price is pretty reasonable. Plus it pops us out nearby where we have our hotel booked.

The express train is ridiculous!

Edited by steveoath

49 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Thanks for the info @LTS all things considered I think we'll be getting the regular SL commuter train from Arlanda to Central. Takes 37mins and price is pretty reasonable. Plus it pops us out nearby where we have our hotel booked.

The express train is ridiculous!

Double-check the SL train time.  I was looking at the current rides and it says 1:17min for me.  There are a few transfers. I will check again tomorrow around the same time.

Keep in mind the 120SEK transfer fee to go from airport to commuter.

35 minutes ago, LTS said:

Double-check the SL train time.  I was looking at the current rides and it says 1:17min for me.  There are a few transfers. I will check again tomorrow around the same time.

Keep in mind the 120SEK transfer fee to go from airport to commuter.

This is the times we we're looking at

Edited by steveoath

41 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Could the traveling people have their own thread? I keep coming here for something of interest on the games. Or maybe rename this thread and a new thread for pregame chatter could be started.

This topic has nearly been 100% logistics for those going. Not sure what you expect when you visit.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 11/1/2019 at 3:38 PM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Towns and villages for me, or the real local pubs.

Last time I did hills/forest/mountains, I ended up lost.  And with a fever, because dumbass 11 didn't know that the temps in Wales would change by 30 degrees while he was hiking around.

21 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Towns and villages for me, or the real local pubs.

Last time I did hills/forest/mountains, I ended up lost.  And with a fever, because dumbass 11 didn't know that the temps in Wales would change by 30 degrees while he was hiking around.

Local pubs are good too, I'm just trying to escape most Americans when I travel and it's the worst when im overseas and hear some dumb American BS chatter behind me in public. 

christopher walken snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.