Sabres to play Lightning in Sweden 11/8 & 11/9

Sabel79

4 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Awesome!! Are they near anyone from SS, and how much do I owe ya? I don't mind if ya publicly say or just PM me, thanks! 

Well, me, if I can find a decent flight. I don’t remember the price. Face value for whatever they sold for originally. I’d have to look it up. 

20 minutes ago, SDS said:

Well, me, if I can find a decent flight. I don’t remember the price. Face value for whatever they sold for originally. I’d have to look it up. 

Sounds great, check direct out of Toronto, or from JFK and then a round trip flight to jfk on jet blue is fairly inexpensive. If only a bit inconvenient. 

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Yo. If anyone was planning on flying from Edinburgh to Skavsta for this with Ryanair check your booking. I got an email today saying as of October they are no longer flying there. Have managed to rebook with SAS, but the flight is later in the evening.

Ryanair is going to have a lot of issues , I'd avoid booking anything with them seeing all the strikes that will happen.

On 6/24/2019 at 2:35 PM, Trettioåtta said:

If anyone wants to meet for a drink before the game on Friday let me know!

before the game / during the game / after the game.  Bring your own flask , alcohol is very expensive over there ?

Edited by Huckleberry

10 minutes ago, steveoath said:

It's amazing how quickly you become immune to the cost though haha! (Fwiw I went to a gig in Vegas and there beers were about 4 times the price of Stockholm!)

problem is I'm a heavy drinker , I need 20 beers to even start feeling drunk.   Our alcohol % is even higher then those watered down foreign ones ?

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

The NHL will put tickets on sale Monday for open practices by the Sabres and Tampa Bay Lightning in Stockholm on Nov. 7, the day before their two-game series opens in Ericsson Globe. Tickets will be available at LiveNation.se at 9 a.m. in Sweden (3 a.m. EST) and are being sold at 150 Swedish krona (about $15.50 USD). Both games sold out weeks ago. 

10 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

In Sweden, that'll buy you almost 1 whole beer ?????

Yeah, the good news is that I can get beer anywhere, so I won't feel compelled to pay a fortune for it just because I am in Sweden.

I'll spend money on the things I can't readily do in my own backyard though. ?

• 1 month later...

I'm heading to Norway next Wednesday for a week, some days in Oslo and then some time up north in Tromso near the arctic circle, then the 9th I booked a flight to Copenhagen for the day and back to Stockholm the 10th. 

3 more countries off the list ?? 

And hopefully a Sabres win and some time with you nutsos! 

5 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm heading to Norway next Wednesday for a week, some days in Oslo and then some time up north in Tromso near the arctic circle, then the 9th I booked a flight to Copenhagen for the day and back to Stockholm the 10th. 

3 more countries off the list ?? 

And hopefully a Sabres win and some time with you nutsos! 

Wait what, your not comming for the games in stockholm? damn ?

1 hour ago, MODO Hockey said:

Wait what, your not comming for the games in stockholm? damn ?

I am MODO, I get in to Stockholm the 7th for the game the 8th, we're just flying from the morning of the 9th to 10th to see Copenhagen, and back to Stockholm for the 10, and fly out the 11th back home, so I'll have some time ?

• Like (+1) 1

I'll be traveling the 8th, in the morning to Stockholm. 

Meetup @ Helenas bar och kök 3 hours before the game. 
Taxi for all to the game from the restaurant. 

Who wants in for dinner ? 

Currently i've made reservations for 8 people

This is the menu:

http://www.helenes.se/pdf/Menu_Helenes_Krog_Vasastan.pdf

This one is a beast! ?

(Sirloin Steak Beefsteak with homemade béarnaise sauce, garlic butter, Jack Daniel sauce, grilled corn, crispy lettuce. Served with potato wedges)

bilder-restauranger-vasastan.jpg

Edited by MODO Hockey
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

I'll be traveling the 8th, in the morning to Stockholm. 

Meetup @ Helenas bar och kök 3 hours before the game. 
Taxi for all to the game from the restaurant. 

Who wants in for dinner ? 

Currently i've made reservations for 8 people

This is the menu:

http://www.helenes.se/pdf/Menu_Helenes_Krog_Vasastan.pdf

This one is a beast! ?

(Sirloin Steak Beefsteak with homemade béarnaise sauce, garlic butter, Jack Daniel sauce, grilled corn, crispy lettuce. Served with potato wedges)

bilder-restauranger-vasastan.jpg

I'm in... I'm likely buying a transport pass, so I could just hop the train, bus... whatever.  Looking for the freedom to just jump on and off public transport anywhere. ?

1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

No, you're not allowed ?? not atall

I'm breaking rules.

It looks like I can easily walk to the restaurant that MODO posted above.  Nice.  15 minutes.  I can handle that.. and I'm sure I'll stop 52 gazillion times along the way.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.