Sabres to play Lightning in Sweden 11/8 & 11/9

Sabel79

1 minute ago, LTS said:

You and me both.  How long are you planning to be in Sweden?

Well first I need to procure tickets to the 8th, still working that out. 

I'm hoping to pop in on the 6th, hang out in Stockholm through the game, and then on the 9th, make my way up north in the morning, or maybe at least take a train to somewhere else for a day on the way up. 

Maybe 3-4 days up north and, if it's possible to check out Norway as well a little, I could scratch 2 countries off my list ? so maybe 8-10 days total. Give or take a day 

21 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Well first I need to procure tickets to the 8th, still working that out. 

I'm hoping to pop in on the 6th, hang out in Stockholm through the game, and then on the 9th, make my way up north in the morning, or maybe at least take a train to somewhere else for a day on the way up. 

Maybe 3-4 days up north and, if it's possible to check out Norway as well a little, I could scratch 2 countries off my list ? so maybe 8-10 days total. Give or take a day 

Nice.. I'm trying to piece together how long I will be there.  I figure once I've made the trip over I should maximize my time.  But... I don't have unlimited time to maximize nor the unlimited funds with which to maximize it.  

20 minutes ago, LTS said:

Nice.. I'm trying to piece together how long I will be there.  I figure once I've made the trip over I should maximize my time.  But... I don't have unlimited time to maximize nor the unlimited funds with which to maximize it.  

We are going through the same process. 

42 minutes ago, LTS said:

I understand, my gf will be going with me, so I'm kinda stuck with her time-line as well, but I won't know how much time until she tells me. 

Finding tickets at reasonable prices is tough, that's step 1

• 3 weeks later...

Booked.  I will be in Sweden from Nov. 7 - 13.  (Leaving the 6th in the US).

I really, really wanted to travel to Kiruna and ultimately to Abisko.  I might still pull the trigger, but I will be paying a hotel in Stockholm those nights as well.

More likely, I travel closer to Stockholm and then try a return visit in the "near" future.

Sigh.. if only I could go for a few more days.

13 hours ago, SDS said:

Who has booked flights?

@LTS: Nov. 7 - 13
@SDS: ?
@Briere48: ?
@Wyldnwoody44: ?

Prices creeped up to just over $530 RT here in DC.

I have not yet ordered mine. I'm waiting on my friend to see what days he wants to go but i'm almost certain i will be doing the 5th until the 11th. (Fly out 5th, in Sweden on the 6th^)

Edited by Briere48

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2019 at 11:11 AM, SDS said:

Who has booked flights?

@LTS: Nov. 7 - 13
@SDS: ?
@Briere48: ?
@Wyldnwoody44: ?

Prices creeped up to just over $530 RT here in DC.

I delayed buying tickets as i was waiting for my friend but we finally booked tonight.

Arrive in Stockholm Wed Nov 6th at 830am.....

Depart Stockholm Mon, Nov 11th at 1030am...

Edited by Briere48
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

Boys,

Let's organize tables at a sportsbar pherhaps, or any good restaurant after the game so we can enjoy eachothers company.
I need to know where you guys are staying (hotel etc) so that i can center us all. 

Courtyard Marriott Kungsholmen.

That said.. I'm traveling across an ocean.  I can get my arse on a train to meet wherever.

17 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

Boys,

Let's organize tables at a sportsbar pherhaps, or any good restaurant after the game so we can enjoy eachothers company.
I need to know where you guys are staying (hotel etc) so that i can center us all. 

Wish I was going now ? Already committed to NYC in October though

This is a restaurant i would suggest, very good meat, their sirloin stakes is 200 gram, 300, 450 or 900 gram

http://www.helenes.se/index-en.html

Menu: http://www.helenes.se/pdf/Menu_Helenes_Krog_Vasastan.pdf   - divide prices with 10 and u get usd

Location: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Helenes+Krog+Och+Bar/@59.3409953,18.03712,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x7847838e4b99bf14!8m2!3d59.3409953!4d18.03712

Edited by MODO Hockey

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2019 at 2:03 PM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I may have to just go on Stubhub and suck up what the cost will be, I really wanna fly into Norway first and putz around, there's this awesome hike called Trolltunga I want to find out more about, then maybe take a train to Sweden for the game 

Have you found tickets yet?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.