Sabres to play Lightning in Sweden 11/8 & 11/9

Sabel79

16 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Wish I could join but saving for family vaca in Alaska and Xmas in Lake Placid

I very much want to go to Alaska... but the kids keep choosing beach locations and so it remains that. ?

taking my 85 year old Dad.  PS He Just got asked nominated to jump outta a plane with the Golden Knights... same ones that took George Bush... quite an honor. A former EOD frogman he volunteers at Camp Pendleton helping Marines plan for their future and is on Board of Director for local community college

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Hello guys, 

Yea this is sweet, but for me not so much. Watching Sabres playing in Ericsson Globe aint gonna be even close to what it is to see it live in Keybank,
home is home afterall. My point is that if it wasnt that many of you guys thinking of traveling over i woulnt even consider going. 

The price is insane, 185 USD for a normal ticket. Like, come on.. i get it, but still, this is Sweden.

I rather pay that money together with a flight and a nice hotellroom to spend some quality time in Buffalo.

But i will consider it afterall ?

1 hour ago, steveoath said:

We're A16. Look for a number 18 jersey with my name on it (MCCLINTOCK).

On the Saturday. Couldn't get an earlier flight due to work.

Enjoy, wish I was going now but NYC it is.

According to twitter Flyers v Blackhawks in Prague tickets sold out in 2hrs

5 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

Hello guys, 

Yea this is sweet, but for me not so much. Watching Sabres playing in Ericsson Globe aint gonna be even close to what it is to see it live in Keybank,
home is home afterall. My point is that if it wasnt that many of you guys thinking of traveling over i woulnt even consider going. 

The price is insane, 185 USD for a normal ticket. Like, come on.. i get it, but still, this is Sweden.

I rather pay that money together with a flight and a nice hotellroom to spend some quality time in Buffalo.

1 hour ago, MODO Hockey said:

The day i turn 40 ?

The game is just the impetus to go. I've wanted to visit since watching your videos.  I need to see Sweden.  Hopefully you'll be up for hanging out and showcasing?  Even if you don't swing the game (it is pricey) there's always everything else.

5 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

Hello guys, 

What's the price there for a normal game?

6 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

Hello guys, 

Then dont go to a game at MSG they start at $190 for cheap seats

20 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

Hello guys, 

Modo, hope you'll be able to make it. I missed you when you came to Buffalo/Rochester but love your videos. Would enjoy drinking some beers with you. But i do have a legit question for you... Sweden has a lot of great Djs and my favorite DJs are Swedish (Axwell & Ingrosso) so i know you guys pump out a lot of good music. Wheres the best place with the best DJs in Stockholm? ? thanks in advance lol

21 hours ago, LTS said:

The game is just the impetus to go. I've wanted to visit since watching your videos.  I need to see Sweden.  Hopefully you'll be up for hanging out and showcasing?  Even if you don't swing the game (it is pricey) there's always everything else.

Yea i will try to make it, Stockholm is like any other captial, it will still be alot different than what you guys are used to ofc but Stockholm is Stockholm, Washington DC is Washington DC, New York is New York,  a trip north would give you much more given your maturity, no offence but you know, the older we get the more we appreciate the things that doesnt come for granted in life.

20 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Then dont go to a game at MSG they start at $190 for cheap seats

Point is that i rather spend that money in Buffalo, Sweden is my home, i know all the arenas from inside and out, Ericsson globe can hold 13,7K ppl, not even close to KBC.
It pisses me off to be fair that the prices are so high here in Sweden, i get it, i really do but still ..

6 hours ago, Briere48 said:

Modo, hope you'll be able to make it. I missed you when you came to Buffalo/Rochester but love your videos. Would enjoy drinking some beers with you. But i do have a legit question for you... Sweden has a lot of great Djs and my favorite DJs are Swedish (Axwell & Ingrosso) so i know you guys pump out a lot of good music. Wheres the best place with the best DJs in Stockholm? ? thanks in advance lol

Thanks, sorry i missed you to. Maybe we get to spend some quality time, this time.

Yea well hard to say, getting to old for this sh1t,  if you wouldve asked the question 20 years ago i would have given you a str8 up answer.
There are many respected and quality clubs in Stockholm, only issue is that to get it you need to be on guestlists otherwise you will be in line for several hours and u might not even get in, alot of dress  codes also, many clubs dont let you in because of your choice of shoes or pants. 

Its hard, but is what it is. I suggest you use this site,

https://thatsup.co/stockholm/guide/the-guide-to-the-best-nightclubs-in-stockholm/

21 hours ago, shrader said:

What's the price there for a normal game?

About 30 usd. 

Edited by MODO Hockey
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

@MODO HockeyI was gonna fly up to Kiruna and check out the mountains and the aurora sky observatory after Stockholm, that is my hope anyways. I'm addicted to the lights now. Any thoughts? 

Ya, the "Inlandståget" rail, Inland train, starts middle of sweden and goes all the way up to Abisko and into Norway. Cheap.

Riksgransen is know for its beutiful mountains, most pro snowboarders go there. Its like a mecka for ppl that enjoy going downhill ?

Abisko is awesome,

Subscribe to Jonna Jinton on youtube, her videos will show you want you would like to see.
She also adore the northen lights, she lives not to far away from me and the nature you see in her videos pretty much explains what you wanna see.

Pretty cool how swedes used to call for their herds back in the days when there were no fences.

I need MODO's travel agency services.

I'm going to check out Stockholm when I first get there and up to the game but I would love to "go North" as you put it and see the country.  I don't love cities overall.  I love nature.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.