Sabres to play Lightning in Sweden 11/8 & 11/9

Sabel79

On 3/21/2019 at 10:57 AM, Sidc3000 said:

Knowing the NHL, I'm sure they will schedule the Sabres to play Toronto, Boston, Washington and then Toronto  again

Well the last few years they have scheduled all the Toronto games at the end of the season, so your probably right that next year they will all be at the start.

8 hours ago, SDS said:

It would seem to me that we should try to get a bunch of tickets together on Monday for those who are willing to commit to buying them.

How would we manage that?  I still have no idea what tickets will cost for the game, but having a group of tickets would be excellent.

Tickets go on sale Wednesday 3.27?

4 minutes ago, LTS said:

How would we manage that?  I still have no idea what tickets will cost for the game, but having a group of tickets would be excellent.

Tickets go on sale Wednesday 3.27?

Well,  people could set an upper limit on what they are willing to pay. I would be willing to do the purchase but I would need some level of payment prior to go through with it. If it falls apart I could just return the money. You all know my name and where I live. 

14 hours ago, LTS said:

Indeed.  If there is a group from here it might make sense to get a schedule together, like we do for SS meetups.

If we're able to get tickets, i would also be interested in joining you going to JFK and splitting costs of parking/gas if thats what you're still thinking. I'll actually be going solo as well from Rochester, but will be joined by my best friend but he lives in Seattle. Not sure if he would join up with me at JFK or in Stockholm.

12 hours ago, SDS said:

It would seem to me that we should try to get a bunch of tickets together on Monday for those who are willing to commit to buying them.

Are you going too?

8 hours ago, Briere48 said:

If we're able to get tickets, i would also be interested in joining you going to JFK and splitting costs of parking/gas if thats what you're still thinking. I'll actually be going solo as well from Rochester, but will be joined by my best friend but he lives in Seattle. Not sure if he would join up with me at JFK or in Stockholm.

Are you going too?

I have a ton of interest from my daughter, who couldnt care less about the hockey game, but wants to see Sweden. And my wife did not shoot it down so it’s a real possibility. 

We tend to use relatively minor events like this (concerts, etc...) to motivate us to travel. 

9 hours ago, Briere48 said:

Are you going too?

Yeah, if that's the best plan then I am game for it.  The flight from ROC is $800.. so basically playing $400 just to fly to NYC.  Seems... excessive.

14 hours ago, SDS said:

Well,  people could set an upper limit on what they are willing to pay. I would be willing to do the purchase but I would need some level of payment prior to go through with it. If it falls apart I could just return the money. You all know my name and where I live. 

SDS - I can absolutely go for that.  But I honestly don't have a clue what the ballpark price is on these tickets.  Are they $100/300/500?

Well, I found this from last year for the games in Finland.  I would imagine they would be similar.  I'm probably good up to 200 euro level but would prefer to spend less. ?

Tickets cost 89 / 99 / 139 / 199 / 235 euros

Edited by LTS

1 minute ago, LTS said:

Yeah, if that's the best plan then I am game for it.  The flight from ROC is $800.. so basically playing $400 just to fly to NYC.  Seems... excessive.

SDS - I can absolutely go for that.  But I honestly don't have a clue what the ballpark price is on these tickets.  Are they $100/300/500?

Either do I.

Fly cheap SW to DC and take a $400 flight from there 

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

Either do I.

Fly cheap SW to DC and take a $400 flight from there 

I might mix and match to NYC as well.  DC flights seem to be a bit more expensive.  All the things I will worry about after I have a game ticket (or tickets... anyone interested in both games?)

5 minutes ago, LTS said:

I might mix and match to NYC as well.  DC flights seem to be a bit more expensive.  All the things I will worry about after I have a game ticket (or tickets... anyone interested in both games?)

Honestly, I see one game for us. Preference would be first, but would depend on a schedule. 

7 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Yeah. I decided not to look at the price. Not likely to see them in North America any time soon, so it's done.

Its a great opportunity to see them and one I would have taken if I wasn't in NYC in November . My mate is heading to Prague in October to see the Blackhawks for the first time after years of waiting. 

If I hadn't already seen the Sabres I would be cancelling my NY trip and heading to Stockholm :)

Edited by Sabre1974
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, steveoath said:

Presale went up this morning! Got mine for the Saturday in the "Buffalo fan section".

https://www.axs.com/uk/series/8548/2019-nhl-global-series-presale-tickets?skin=livenationse 

What is this pre-sale thing?  Basically digital ticket scalpers?

So, is there any kind of group buy or are we flying solo?

Edited by LTS

3 minutes ago, LTS said:

If you were on some NHL mailing list they sent out an invite email for early access. 

If there's groups going be aware that you can only buy 4 tickets at one time.

20 minutes ago, LTS said:

I'll try and firm up my decision tonight. Are you def going now that you know ticket prices?

Yeah.  I think I am only in for 1 game and I will do some site seeing a few other days.. because this will be the first time I've been to Europe since I was 3 and spending time on a military base in West Germany.  

I don't get to travel enough... sigh.

43 minutes ago, LTS said:

Yeah.  I think I am only in for 1 game and I will do some site seeing a few other days.. because this will be the first time I've been to Europe since I was 3 and spending time on a military base in West Germany.  

I don't get to travel enough... sigh.

Ya know, you could always tag along with me, you buy the booze and hookers and we can work something out?

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 3/25/2019 at 4:19 AM, steveoath said:

Presale went up this morning! Got mine for the Saturday in the "Buffalo fan section".

https://www.axs.com/uk/series/8548/2019-nhl-global-series-presale-tickets?skin=livenationse 

I tried doing this, but it kept giving me a "fel" at the very end. I hope i have better luck on the actual site at 4am...

3 hours ago, Trettioåtta said:

On Nov 8 I am in A18 row 7.

On Nov 9 I am in B10... but I also have two tickets (near but not together) in B8 if anyone wants to buy them off me

I am trying to coordinate with SDS, but I am interested in potentially buying one from you at least.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.