Sabres to play Lightning in Sweden 11/8 & 11/9

Sabel79

5 hours ago, shrader said:

Hmmmm, I can't quite figure out why they chose these two teams...

Why did NB laugh at this?

Just now, Trettioåtta said:

Monday even! (for some reason I thought 27th was Wed)

Lol. What happens Monday?

11 minutes ago, SDS said:

I probably could. I would insist on you briningg your hockey stick though with the anticipation that swing them at each other wildly until one draws blood. Loser pays for drinks. ? 

?

Actually, I was planning on bringing risto's stick to swing, that way not only do I get a swing in, but it'll easily snap casing collateral damage ?

My goal is to stay in Stockholm or whereverits played for maybe 3 days and then either drive or fly up north for another aurora shot since it's November, Gotta get the gf to go with me! 

• Haha (+1) 1

It’s Tampa-centric, but the athletic put out a good article about the game. Tampa looks like they’re going to be taking a week for the trip, I would imagine Buffalo the same.

https://theathletic.com/879822/2019/03/21/how-swede-it-is-victor-hedman-ecstatic-as-lightning-sabres-will-play-in-stockholm-for-nhls-global-series/

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Actually, I was planning on bringing risto's stick to swing, that way not only do I get a swing in, but it'll easily snap casing collateral damage ?

My goal is to stay in Stockholm or whereverits played for maybe 3 days and then either drive or fly up north for another aurora shot since it's November, Gotta get the gf to go with me! 

What did I tell you I was doing in November? Huh? I told you like three times. Unbelievable.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, kas23 said:

This is a wonderful idea. This will help build the product, rather than the continuous dilutory expansion teams that are added. European kids can grow up seeing NHL games in person and build their dreams. Awesome idea. 

How far fetched would an EU division be in the future?

• Thanks (+1) 1

I have a full green light to pursue this.  I'm not booking anything until I have a ticket to the game (or tickets to both nights if possible).

I will fly out on 11/6 and return...... perhaps Mon/Tue of the following week.  I have no idea what i will do.. but as long as I procure a ticket, I am in.

Unfortunately for my son, that's varsity hockey tryout week.  So he's out.  My wife just can't make it happen.  So I am going solo.  But yeah, if people from here are going, awesome.

BTW: the flight I looked at was from NYC.  I'll research the add-on to get from ROC to NYC, but if it's stupid, I'd drive a group to NYC to catch the flight over.  $377 today, round-trip NYC to Stockholm.  that's insane.

12 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Sooo this would absolutely be something I travel to Sweden for.... I know it's a stretch, but is anyone here able to make it happen? 

I'm planning on going. Can't wait!

25 minutes ago, LTS said:

I have a full green light to pursue this.  I'm not booking anything until I have a ticket to the game (or tickets to both nights if possible).

I will fly out on 11/6 and return...... perhaps Mon/Tue of the following week.  I have no idea what i will do.. but as long as I procure a ticket, I am in.

Unfortunately for my son, that's varsity hockey tryout week.  So he's out.  My wife just can't make it happen.  So I am going solo.  But yeah, if people from here are going, awesome.

BTW: the flight I looked at was from NYC.  I'll research the add-on to get from ROC to NYC, but if it's stupid, I'd drive a group to NYC to catch the flight over.  $377 today, round-trip NYC to Stockholm.  that's insane.

We'll have to hang out.

6 hours ago, LTS said:

I’ve been begging my wife to get her passport for a couple of years now.  I’m hoping this will be the incentive she needs to actually follow through.  No way I’m going without her.

9 hours ago, Briere48 said:

I'm planning on going. Can't wait!

We'll have to hang out.

Indeed.  If there is a group from here it might make sense to get a schedule together, like we do for SS meetups.

4 hours ago, Weave said:

I’ve been begging my wife to get her passport for a couple of years now.  I’m hoping this will be the incentive she needs to actually follow through.  No way I’m going without her.

Yeah.. I hope so.  I'm not loving it about going without my wife, but she's not going and she actually insists I should make it happen. (and it's not about getting me out of the house)

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Indeed.  If there is a group from here it might make sense to get a schedule together, like we do for SS meetups.

Yeah.. I hope so.  I'm not loving it about going without my wife, but she's not going and she actually insists I should make it happen. (and it's not about getting me out of the house)

It would seem to me that we should try to get a bunch of tickets together on Monday for those who are willing to commit to buying them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.