Sabres to play Lightning in Sweden 11/8 & 11/9

Sabel79

20 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

I'd like to know who they play the following 3-4 games. Because if I remember correctly, teams that play overseas are in a funk the first 3-4 games back. Time change, jet lag, and all.

Knowing the NHL, I'm sure they will schedule the Sabres to play Toronto, Boston, Washington and then Toronto  again

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Eleven said:

That's the damn Lucic year, the start of the playoff drought, isn't it?  I met the wife that year and I still blame her for all of this.

9 hours ago, Eleven said:

I thought he was dead from that incident.

?

edit: The actual end result is actually kind of funny.  He lit up the score sheet in that game in Germany.  And guess where he plays now?  Germany.  He's hockey's David Hasselhoff.

Edited by shrader
  • Like (+1) 1

I would been heading across also but I'm heading to NYC in November for 2 games. 

10 minutes ago, steveoath said:

I have bookmarked the flights from Scotland. Tickets are apparently on sale next week from livenation.se 

Where are you flying from. You getting flights from Edinburgh??

54 minutes ago, Sabre1974 said:

I would been heading across also but I'm heading to NYC in November for 2 games. 

Where are you flying from. You getting flights from Edinburgh??

Yeah. Edinburgh to NYO on Friday (can't make an earlier flight, so Friday game is out). Then Arlanda back to Edinburgh on the Sunday. 

Screenshot_20190321-174205.jpg

Edited by steveoath
Obviously this all hangs on getting tickets for the Saturday game.
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Sooo this would absolutely be something I travel to Sweden for.... I know it's a stretch, but is anyone here able to make it happen? 

Yes.  I am researching this very thing.  

Flight from NYC to Stockholm is pretty reasonable.  (sub $500)

Sheraton just up the road ($173/night)

Just need to know what tickets to the game cost.

---------------

And yes, this announcement was enough to bring me back because we had discussed at the SS Meetup.  

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Sooo this would absolutely be something I travel to Sweden for.... I know it's a stretch, but is anyone here able to make it happen? 

I probably could. I would insist on you briningg your hockey stick though with the anticipation that swing them at each other wildly until one draws blood. Loser pays for drinks. ? 

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Yes.  I am researching this very thing.  

Flight from NYC to Stockholm is pretty reasonable.  (sub $500)

Sheraton just up the road ($173/night)

Just need to know what tickets to the game cost.

---------------

And yes, this announcement was enough to bring me back because we had discussed at the SS Meetup.  

?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.