Leafs fans respond to fourth loss in five games

SDS

18 hours ago, SwampD said:

Not really sure why you keep beating this drum. The number of fans who that would be true for is so minute that it probably isn't worth mentioning.

I mean, unless this is actually about telling us that we should be happy our team sux again and will miss the playoffs for an eight consecutive year and we should just be happy that we even have a team and they have improved and even if they haven't we shouldn't let the outcome of games effect our days even though this coach has presided over the two longest goal droughts in team history and everything will be better in the future.

Ya. The argument does read a little like, "If you aren't happy with the team now you aren't going to be happy with the team ever so be happy about them now". 

Edited by Thorny

9 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

You notice it too? Poke and run.

Has he even watched any of their recent games? I realise it's been 20 years since the Sabres have been in the finals and over a decade since they could be considered anywhere near a true contender, but the Leafs entered the year as one of the favorites in the East and a cup contender. They made a huge splash in FA to get a top tier forward to go with their very talented young group of forwards. Now, right when things are really starting to count and teams start to get into playoff mode, they have been looking bad and losing games which will keep them from having any chance at home ice against a Bruins team that's looking really good right now. I like here in Buffalo where 'not being dead last or one of the worst teams in league history' is viewed as improvement you should be proud of!, a first round exit by the Leafs is not going to sit well with their fans because they expected more than 'just seeing occasionally entertaining games'

I shuddered a bit hearing Babcock's recent comments about that team not having enough depth. Like holy crow, if they don't have enough depth...

The Gardiner injury really hurts them, though.

Edited by Thorny

39 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I shuddered a bit hearing Babcock's recent comments about that team not having enough depth. Like holy crow, if they don't have enough depth...

The Gardiner injury really hurts them, though.

I'm curious what his UFA market is going to be. I definitely have interest. 

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

It’s funny but after reading this board you’d have thought that Babcock was the greatest coach of all time and we’d be so much better had he signed on here.  

He has a great roster there yet they look like the same old Leafs.  Looking forward to their 1st rd exit again.  Head will explode.  Can’t wait.

Although I am heartily enjoying Leafs fans overreactions, it's a really tough argument to make that we wouldn't be much better had he signed here. 

9 hours ago, shrader said:

You want more controversy when it comes to Babcock?  I don't think he got nearly enough out of everything he had in Detroit.  He lost his hall of famers and then it all started to unravel.  I'd take the results they had any day, but they could have done more.

I don't think this is too controversial. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.