Leafs fans respond to fourth loss in five games

SDS

Read the comments. They may finish with 102+ points and they want to fire the coach along with a number of other fan fixes.

I post this just to show how so many fans are never actually happy and will probably only be mildly satisfied with an actual cup victory because they wouldn't have won it the “right” way.

Not really sure why you keep beating this drum. The number of fans who that would be true for is so minute that it probably isn't worth mentioning.

I mean, unless this is actually about telling us that we should be happy our team sux again and will miss the playoffs for an eight consecutive year and we should just be happy that we even have a team and they have improved and even if they haven't we shouldn't let the outcome of games effect our days even though this coach has presided over the two longest goal droughts in team history and everything will be better in the future.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

4 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Is it leaves or leafs?

If you're talking about the plural of leaf in general, it's leaves.  If you're talking about the hockey, it's still Leaves, they're just too ignorant to know how to properly say the name of their own team and prefer Leafs which is grammatically incorrect.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SwampD said:

Not really sure why you keep beating this drum. The number of fans who that would be true for is so minute that it probably isn't worth mentioning.

I mean, unless this is actually about telling us that we should be happy our team sux again and will miss the playoffs for an eight consecutive year and we should just be happy that we even have a team and they have improved and even if they haven't we shouldn't let the outcome of games effect our days even though this coach has presided over the two longest goal droughts in team history and everything will be better in the future.

I could kiss you. With SDS, it's poke the fans every day. I'm sure others are tiring of it, but only a couple of us are stupid enough to "speak truth to power."

• Like (+1) 1

I only read a handful of comments, but it seems like most of their “fan fixes” are also the obvious needs of the team and concerns of writers, reporters, and analysists throughout the league (not that they know more than every fan either). They have no defense, one goalie, and too much money upfront. I saw one comment about Babs needing to make more adjustments. I can’t speak to the accuracy of that statement because I don’t watch enough Leaves games, but it’s far from the “fire Housley” calls that are everywhere right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

If they lose to Boston in the first round again, they will be screaming for more toughness there for sure. The Tavares pick up had them all thinking instant cup. If they fail (fingers crossed) their top heavy cap issues will make building any kind of D difficult to say the least. 

Been beating this drum for awhile now. That Tavares signing really tied them up.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

I could kiss you. With SDS, it's poke the fans every day. I'm sure others are tiring of it, but only a couple of us are stupid enough to "speak truth to power."

You notice it too? Poke and run.

Has he even watched any of their recent games? I realise it's been 20 years since the Sabres have been in the finals and over a decade since they could be considered anywhere near a true contender, but the Leafs entered the year as one of the favorites in the East and a cup contender. They made a huge splash in FA to get a top tier forward to go with their very talented young group of forwards. Now, right when things are really starting to count and teams start to get into playoff mode, they have been looking bad and losing games which will keep them from having any chance at home ice against a Bruins team that's looking really good right now. I like here in Buffalo where 'not being dead last or one of the worst teams in league history' is viewed as improvement you should be proud of!, a first round exit by the Leafs is not going to sit well with their fans because they expected more than 'just seeing occasionally entertaining games'

• Like (+1) 2

It’s funny but after reading this board you’d have thought that Babcock was the greatest coach of all time and we’d be so much better had he signed on here.  

He has a great roster there yet they look like the same old Leafs.  Looking forward to their 1st rd exit again.  Head will explode.  Can’t wait.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

It’s funny but after reading this board you’d have thought that Babcock was the greatest coach of all time and we’d be so much better had he signed on here.  

He has a great roster there yet they look like the same old Leafs.  Looking forward to their 1st rd exit again.  Head will explode.  Can’t wait.

We'd be so much better had he signed on here.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

You want more controversy when it comes to Babcock?  I don't think he got nearly enough out of everything he had in Detroit.  He lost his hall of famers and then it all started to unravel.  I'd take the results they had any day, but they could have done more.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Cant wait too, it's fun to watch them go nuts because they are out early again. But atleast they get to watch them in a playoff series instead of reading mock drafts.....

Babcock has had some issues with the way he coaches and makes lines, but those have only been magnified by the recent losses which are more from bad defence and goaltending. Fans now seem to absolutely hate the Muzzin trade, and every year they have been complaining about how they completely wear out Anderson by the playoffs because they play him in like 90% of all their games. one thing fans have questioned about Babcock and his goalie decisions is how he does back to backs, the #1 always seems to play the first game, with the backup going in game 2. If you go back a few weeks, fans wondered why you would start Anderson against a non division, non playoff Oilers team, then give Sparks the start the next day against a playoff conference team in the Islanders. Almost all other coaches would put the #1 in against the better team and give the backup the lower ranked team

Signing Tavares was a horrible move, but I think it really limited their window because instead of taking an extra year or 2 to get a few more of their young guys experienced, they are now going to get into cap issues quicker and have to make some tough decisions on their young forwards cause Matthew's and Tavares are taking up a big chunk of space. Although having a veteran like Tavares around with the young guys isnt a bad thing, you do need some experienved veterans to go with youth...

6 minutes ago, shrader said:

You want more controversy when it comes to Babcock?  I don't think he got nearly enough out of everything he had in Detroit.  He lost his hall of famers and then it all started to unravel.  I'd take the results they had any day, but they could have done more.

It's possible, and it could also be why he ran to Toronto

18 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Cant wait too, it's fun to watch them go nuts because they are out early again. But atleast they get to watch them in a playoff series instead of reading mock drafts.....

Babcock has had some issues with the way he coaches and makes lines, but those have only been magnified by the recent losses which are more from bad defence and goaltending. Fans now seem to absolutely hate the Muzzin trade, and every year they have been complaining about how they completely wear out Anderson by the playoffs because they play him in like 90% of all their games. one thing fans have questioned about Babcock and his goalie decisions is how he does back to backs, the #1 always seems to play the first game, with the backup going in game 2. If you go back a few weeks, fans wondered why you would start Anderson against a non division, non playoff Oilers team, then give Sparks the start the next day against a playoff conference team in the Islanders. Almost all other coaches would put the #1 in against the better team and give the backup the lower ranked team

Signing Tavares was a horrible move, but I think it really limited their window because instead of taking an extra year or 2 to get a few more of their young guys experienced, they are now going to get into cap issues quicker and have to make some tough decisions on their young forwards cause Matthew's and Tavares are taking up a big chunk of space. Although having a veteran like Tavares around with the young guys isnt a bad thing, you do need some experienved veterans to go with youth...

It's possible, and it could also be why he ran to Toronto

I agree on Tavares and so said when the deal happened.  I thought they should have spent the money improving their D as we should now. It’s great to score a million goals in the regular season, but defenses tighten up in the playoffs and the Leafs don’t have the horses to do that as well as the competition.

I actually was trying to say it wasnt a horrible move to sign Tavares (autocorrect), it limits their window and will cause them to lose some good youngsters, but he is still a very good player reaching his prime and will help the younger guys. The only bad thing about it is that it shortens their ideal window when they will have all the younger guys on cheap deals. I think it was worse to give Nylander his deal, they should have dealt him to upgrade the defence or backup goaltending. Their biggest downfall right now which I agree with you on is their defence and goaltending which is going to cost them. Anderson is a really good goalie, but he isnt capable of playing every single game in the season and then the playoffs. They need to rest him more if they want him to play in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.