Has any team won a smaller percentage o games in regulation than the Sabres have?

matter2003

6 hours ago, matter2003 said:

We have won 31 games, 13 of them have come in OT or SO, comprising 42% of our wins.  Has any team won a lower percentage of their games in regulation than the Sabres?  It's kind of sad...

I know it's not the question, but it terms of ROW the Sabres are in 26th, and 2nd last in terms of percentage of their wins being ROW. Only the Rangers have a lower percentage of their wins being in regulation or OT.

I'll do a bit of digging to see if I can take out the OT wins as well. 

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I know it's not the question, but it terms of ROW the Sabres are in 26th, and 2nd last in terms of percentage of their wins being ROW. Only the Rangers have a lower percentage of their wins being in regulation or OT.

I'll do a bit of digging to see if I can take out the OT wins as well. 

Taking a break from punching yourself in the nads? ?

So to answer the OP's question - Sabres are in 29th in regulation wins (19, LA - 18, DET - 15), and 30th in regulation win % at 61% (DET - 60%).

(For the record it's 12 wins in OT or SO for the Sabres, 7 OT, 5 SO.)

https://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/NHL_2019_standings.html - these expanded standings have the OT marks for each team as well, most other sites I could see, did not. 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.