LINES I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SEEN THIS SEASON -- SAME PLAYERS ON SENSIBLE LINES

NAO

I have the exact same opinion now that I had after watching the first five games of the season regarding the line match-ups:

9 is a line onto himself -- he will get a lot of the checking attention -- there are many options for this jewel!

28 + 22 + scorer 43 -- checking line that can score -- I am nostalgic for a "Ramsey-Luce-Gare" kind of line!

37 should not be playing half the season with 21 -- to see if he really is the "replacement" for ROR -- play him with decent linemates -- why not the best linemates? 9 can play with these guys on the PP!

53 + 37 + 23 would score.

21 + 17 + 29 could be one of the best 4th lines in the league!

71 + 9 + 72 -- 71 + 9 played on the same line for a year in college -- they have played on the same line less than a hand-full of times as Sabres! (Bringing up Dan O'Reagan would reunite the college line completely.) -- 72 has a nice potential in front of the net with skill, speed and smarts, perhaps only needing the toughness of experience and age.

3 hours ago, NAO said:

I have the exact same opinion now that I had after watching the first five games of the season regarding the line match-ups:

9 is a line onto himself -- he will get a lot of the checking attention -- there are many options for this jewel!

28 + 22 + scorer 43 -- checking line that can score -- I am nostalgic for a "Ramsey-Luce-Gare" kind of line!

37 should not be playing half the season with 21 -- to see if he really is the "replacement" for ROR -- play him with decent linemates -- why not the best linemates? 9 can play with these guys on the PP!

53 + 37 + 23 would score.

21 + 17 + 29 could be one of the best 4th lines in the league!

71 + 9 + 72 -- 71 + 9 played on the same line for a year in college -- they have played on the same line less than a hand-full of times as Sabres! (Bringing up Dan O'Reagan would reunite the college line completely.) -- 72 has a nice potential in front of the net with skill, speed and smarts, perhaps only needing the toughness of experience and age.

The only thing a line with ‘17’ as Center would be the “best” at is negative goal differential.  Regardless of his pairings he is just no good.   He needs to be bought out and erased from our memory banks. 

And if not Rochester Line #1, then 37 should be line #4.   Adding two scorers would not improve his skill sets.  Skinner scores because of Jack.  37 was a fail at 2C.  He would get crushed as 1C.  

11 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Compher-Armia-Lemieux could have been a good 3rd line.......

Yeah just that Lemieux didn't want to be in Buffalo, one of the reasons he was added in that trade.     Sending Compher in the O'Reilly deal always seemed like overpayment.

Armia is finally showing to be a decent bottom 6 player, discarding players at 20 is not always good.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah just that Lemieux didn't want to be in Buffalo, one of the reasons he was added in that trade.     Sending Compher in the O'Reilly deal always seemed like overpayment.

Armia is finally showing to be a decent bottom 6 player, discarding players at 20 is not always good.

That’s the curse of the mid-round pick when your stars have aged out. Fans see them as the star replacements, but it takes years and they most likely aren’t going to be stars anyway. They are just hoping to stick in the NHL any way they can. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.