THE HOUSLEY (THE HOUSLEY DOUBLE-DOUBLE)

NAO

Only 3 more losses and a new sport "legend" is created! -- someone might even make a movie about it someday!

The first time a professional sports team has achieved both a double-digit winning streak -- AND -- a double-digit losing streak in the same season!

Whenever this "feat" will be "achieved" again (if?) -- it will be known as -- A(n) "Housley"!

And I watched all of it!

Hey, I might put that slogan on a tee -- along with a list of the wins on one side and the losses on the other!

Just now, NAO said:

Only 3 more losses and a new sport "legend" is created! -- someone might even make a movie about it someday!

The first time a professional sports team has achieved both a double-digit winning streak -- AND -- a double-digit losing streak in the same season!

Whenever this "feat" will be "achieved" again (if?) -- it will be known as -- A(n) "Housley"!

And I watched all of it!

Hey, I might put that slogan on a tee -- along with a list of the wins on one side and the losses on the other!

What's the t-shirt place? 716.com? It's a great idea.

Is it really a first? Never in baseball?

• Like (+1) 1

PA

I heard this fact from one of the Canes TV team during the game -- or it was the opponent TV team in the previous game?

I am certain-ish that it applies to professional hockey.

Baseball has had so many different eras of "weirdness" that I wouldn't be surprised baseball pioneered The Housley!

OH -- I have so much on my plate... -- you make the tee -- I will buy a copy!

Of course...

Housley must not be fired before the 3 games!

Housley must stay!

The Sabres must lose all 3 games!

Now that the season is over -- no playoffs -- I don't mind (as much) if they lose these 3 games -- then they can fire Housley -- or even WIN all the rest of the unimportant games left in the season!

BUT -- if somehow word of my lineup suggestions (previously submitted) should reach Housley -- the team might actually win!

(Dealing with personal and family illnesses -- The Housley -- inspired me to do something other than... -- thanks Phil -- thanks Sabres -- much appreciated divergence!)

Edited by NAO

20 minutes ago, NAO said:

And I watched all of it!

I thought you meant a golf tee, LOL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/17/2019 at 1:11 PM, NAO said:

And I watched all of it!

Conversation among two Sabres fans, February 2042...

NAO:  "My God!  This team is going to be the death of me!  We get that incredible start to the season back in October and win 14 straight.  Now we can't get out of our own way and are headed straight for a f-ing double double!"

Kruppstahl: "Really? You think these guys are going to pull a Housley on us?!  That would suck!"

NAO: "Absolutely!  They've lost 8 in a row and the team has quit on the coach.  They can easily lose 2 or even 6 more in a row!"

Kruppstahl: "My God, you're right. This team is totally pulling a Housley, isn't it!?" 

NAO:  "Some day we're going to be good.  Some day!"

Kruppstahl: "Seems like we've been hearing that for a long, long time."

[Fade to black]

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Sorry(!)

Please forgive my "shouting"and "trolling"(!)

Shouting was a novice mistake. Sorry.

Trolling was not my intention. Sorry. I have followed the Sabres -- as my team -- since I was 11 -- in 1970. Being obnoxious was not intended. Perhaps I have been affected by all the losing these past so many seasons? All the "under-achievers" that have come and gone? And all the fine players that should have stayed(!) All the disappointment. I thought I was being clever commenting on another Sabres "firsts" -- in the same category as flying bats and the Tokyo Katanas -- something to laugh at when the Sabres finally hoist the cup?(!) No offence ever intended.

Plus -- I am only able to be online every now and then -- so I will always be late in replying. Sorry, again.

Please + Thank You

But still... it was awfully close to being a "first"... only a single win in potential loss number 8... in the "BS" (Betman Shootout -- I am not a fan of the shootout) prevented the sweep -- AND it was my post -- prior to potential straight loss number 8 -- that must have "jinxed" the 7-game losing streak and brought it to and end.

I will have to jinx this current 4-game losing streak too -- because -- with 6 games remaining -- the team that has discovered all manner of ways to lose games -- still has a chance to lose 10 straight. Losing 4-0 to the Ottawa Romans means that they can lose to anyone.

No playoffs yet again -- 8 straight years -- I really don't care how many games they lose now! (Real moderate shout.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.