GDT: Blues @ Sabres 3-17-19. 5PM

spndnchz

Do they win or lose?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do they win or lose?

• Sabres win
    • Sabres lose

This poll is closed to new votes

I didn't catch the whole game, Nylander look as good as the post game hosts are asserting?

What's I've seen of him, he's looked like a much needed infusion of talent. He does things with the puck only a few guys on the team can do. 

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

He has 3 OT goals.

That doesn’t mean he gets a lot of ice time in overtime. It just shows he makes the most of it. I’ve been looking for OTOI but I can’t find anyone. I would suspect he’s 5-7 range in time. 

6 minutes ago, Neo said:

All do respect to B - Lo, but that’s one funny response.  Gotta say I share your joy in this game.  Who the heck are you?

I had been IrwinNelson but I changed my name the other day. 

11 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Another -2 for Risto... he can make it to -40 no problem. (But a fun game toward the end. Good secondary scoring and the top line was buzzing quite a bit, too.) We like weekend day games for the most part this season.

We all know +/- takes into account everyone on the ice but Risto pretty much earns his bad score.  Just a really error prone dumb player.  

I wish we had another top 4 defenseman so we can drop him to the third pair and cut his minutes to about 16 per game. 

Immediate impressions ..

ERod will never pot 30, but I like him on the ice.  

When did we acquire Sheary?  He looks pretty good.

Skinner competes.  Three years ago I called him a diver.

I no longer have doubts about Sam Reinhart.  He’s stronger.

Jack is Goldilocks.  Sometimes he does too much.  Some times he does too little.  Sometimes he’s juuuuust right.

Risto ?!

O’Reilly is a tank casualty.  Had we let him be a great hockey player, and not saddled him with the ethos and identity of a franchise, we’d be much better off.  I’m looking at me, Neo.

Success as a team can’t come too fast for Dhalin’s development.

Nylander has a pulse.

11 minutes ago, #freejame said:

That doesn’t mean he gets a lot of ice time in overtime. It just shows he makes the most of it. I’ve been looking for OTOI but I can’t find anyone. I would suspect he’s 5-7 range in time. 

I had been IrwinNelson but I changed my name the other day. 

Irwin!   I searched your profile, but failed to find the name history.

Edited by Neo
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Weave said:

Tight checking, boring game for much of it.  IMO that needed to be the way they played all season. 

Allen did not look good in net for StL.  I'll take it.

I missed the 3rd.  Glad they squeaked out the win.

The 3rd was good hockey, especially the last 7 minutes.  The Sabres were skating, hitting, creating chances.  The crowd got to cheer.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Wouldn't you think if any of these reporters Had a Brain, they would ask housley during the Presser if he noticed the crowd reaction when the Sabres introduced a physical game in the third period. Why wouldn't you then ask him why they don't play this way on a consistent basis even if it is out of their Style?

Wow, they actually asked the question but Phil didn't really answer it at all which is par for the course 

24 minutes ago, inkman said:

I didn't catch the whole game, Nylander look as good as the post game hosts are asserting?

What's I've seen of him, he's looked like a much needed infusion of talent. He does things with the puck only a few guys on the team can do. 

I haven't been seeing his games, but he got my hopes up to be come a middle six kind of guy.

I watched all of the third.  That's the hockey they were playing early in the season.  Good to hear the crowd getting into it; they reflected what I thought was happening in the third.  Nylander looks pretty good, I think he looked better than Mitts and worth keeping around.

18 minutes ago, ... said:

I watched all of the third.  That's the hockey they were playing early in the season.  Good to hear the crowd getting into it; they reflected what I thought was happening in the third.  Nylander looks pretty good, I think he looked better than Mitts and worth keeping around.

Good, few more games for him and send him back down with more confidence and get that calder.

31 minutes ago, ... said:

Imagine if Mittlestadt and Tage had also spent the year down on the farm

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

There was Irish things to do on this fine day in down town Buffalo so I was unable to par take in the on ice festivities.

So glad to hear that a few, and unexpectedly so, had a good game. Makes me happy for next years middle 6.

Especially this..

35 minutes ago, Neo said:

Nylander has a pulse. 

Please add some grit.

Then a heart beat.

We may have the makings of a middle 6 that gets us a first round play off win. 

It was sunny and full of good spirits today, so I'm happy about the win and our future. If you see other wise I wish upon you an old Irish proverb.

It goes like this...

Dún é!

• Thanks (+1) 1

I enjoyed tonight. I'm still super pumped about getting the signed Dahlin Puck!! 

Game notes, Jack was not good, he again shied away from contact, and whined a lot.... Man up buddy 

KO, Larsson, Z, all played with an edge all game, it was nice to see. 

Casey, it was a rough game for him, and honestly he is just not ready for the NHL, neither is Tage, they may be good, but they need some serious seasoning. 

Erod and Skinner play a very similar game and I enjoy them, Erod is a vital part of this team going forward. 

Risto is a hockey idiot 

The officials were straight up terrible tonight. 

Sobotka, Tage and Casey cannot play defense at all, I cringe when the other team has the Puck in our zone. 

That 3rd was a thing of beauty, if we played anywhere near that every game and still went 3-7 we'd be a much more complacent fan base, please bottle whatever that was and use it every game.

It was nice to see ROR get the solid boos he deserved and then lose it, epic, he didn't hit the net, but if it was a Tim Hortons, he would have. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

Wouldn't you think if any of these reporters Had a Brain, they would ask housley during the Presser if he noticed the crowd reaction when the Sabres introduced a physical game in the third period. Why wouldn't you then ask him why they don't play this way on a consistent basis even if it is out of their Style?

I’ll have to say, I am really behind on the new rules of capitalization.

• Haha (+1) 1

I thought it was an entertaining game. Watched on delay and didn’t give in to skipping to the end. 

1. ROR was ok. He’s always been strong on the puck. That’s about the one thing that was remotely noticeable. That performance on a losing Sabres team would have gotten his ass chewed out by the fans. 

2. Nylander’s pass was nice. I expect most nhl players could make that pass. He looks a little like Sam did back in those early days. I’m not going to dog him. However, I haven’t seen any glimpses of high end skill: speed, skating, shot, nor hands. If someone has a highlight to point to please provide. 

3. A couple times today, and my impression is that it happens a lot, is when the other team takes the puck out of our corner, they are able to drive right in front of the net for a shot. Our player covering that spot (twice today) left the spot as the puck carrier was driving at them to try and pick up an open passing option. That don’t seem right. 

3. Regardless of his scoring drought, I love Jeff Skinner. That’s high end skill. 

4. I’m glad the fans had a good time. 

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The past two games Nylander looked good. 

Please give examples.

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

The past two games Nylander looked good. 

Yep. If he stays up, we’ll see if he can bring it almost every game like he did tonight. No shifts off. No coasting. Smart and responsible in the D zone.

Understanding he’s young and developing. Not getting too down on a bad game here and there.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Is it me or is Rick a thousand % better than he was to start the season?

He referred to Reinhart as ROR multiple times on a rush, as well as misidentifying a slew of players during the game. It was Van Milleresque. 

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I enjoyed tonight. I'm still super pumped about getting the signed Dahlin Puck!! 

Game notes, Jack was not good, he again shied away from contact, and whined a lot.... Man up buddy 

KO, Larsson, Z, all played with an edge all game, it was nice to see. 

Casey, it was a rough game for him, and honestly he is just not ready for the NHL, neither is Tage, they may be good, but they need some serious seasoning. 

Erod and Skinner play a very similar game and I enjoy them, Erod is a vital part of this team going forward. 

Risto is a hockey idiot 

The officials were straight up terrible tonight. 

Sobotka, Tage and Casey cannot play defense at all, I cringe when the other team has the Puck in our zone. 

That 3rd was a thing of beauty, if we played anywhere near that every game and still went 3-7 we'd be a much more complacent fan base, please bottle whatever that was and use it every game.

It was nice to see ROR get the solid boos he deserved and then lose it, epic, he didn't hit the net, but if it was a Tim Hortons, he would have. 

ROR hit the crossbar with a wicked backhand that just missed on his penalty shot.  Had Hutton well beaten.

This game actually had entertainment value throughout, and the final 3 or 4 minutes in regulation, plus OT, plus the shootout, was pretty fun stuff.

I thought Sheary had a great game, but it begs the question, where the hell has he been?  Does he only bust out his "A" game for St. Patty's?

Mittelstadt was equally horrible; he had a really rough night.

Not happy with Eichel's game, but overall, we played pretty well by our standards and hung on to beat a darned good team.

I love watching ST. Louis executing in their D zone when the Sabres applied pressure; their positioning, discipline, and execution is all top notch.  That's a team that has a playing style that can go very deep in the playoffs, if they can get enough goal scoring.

They are very fundamentally sound.

The losing streak ends at 7!  Next up, the Leafs on Wednesday at home.  The Leafs games in Buffalo are by far the best games of the season, so I'm looking forward to it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.