spndnchz

Do they win or lose?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do they win or lose?

• Sabres win
    • Sabres lose

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, eman said:

I expect the Blues to forecheck the Sabres into oblivion. I watched them play the Leafs earlier this season (and the Leafs play a strong forechecking game also) and the Leafs were on their heels. This Blues club (who is fighting for a playoff spot) will come out hard tonight. I expect this to get ugly to be honest and perhaps the final decision maker in terms of how long this club wishes to continue with Phil- who I do believe at least finishes this season. I would like the Sabres to prove me wrong in all of this but somewhere post game, ROR will be smiling. Tarasenko and ROR will score tonight.

Fighting hard too. They're in a playoff spot right now.

4-4-2 in their last 10 games.

Wins against playoff teams (Pitt/ SJS)

loss to Coyotes.

Shut out in OTT.

2 wins against LAK/ANA

Losses to CAR/ Dallas

Look more like Sabres every day.

Oh, and rode a streak with hot goalie then come down to earth.

Best thing is that we did it without ROR and Berube.

Edited by MakeSabresGrr8Again

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Going to this barn burner. 5:00 is such a stupid time to have a game. I can see 3:00. But 5:00 is just clown shoes.

4-1 loss. ROR has a 3 point night.

What's wrong with a 5pm start?  The 3pm start jams up my whole day. At least at 5, I can get whatever I need done before hand and still have time after to watch any shows I enjoy that usually air during the 9 o'clock hour. Is it a dinner time issue?  Just trying to understand. 

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

What's wrong with a 5pm start?  The 3pm start jams up my whole day. At least at 5, I can get whatever I need done before hand and still have time after to watch any shows I enjoy that usually air during the 9 o'clock hour. Is it a dinner time issue?  Just trying to understand. 

He might not want to try to eat and watch the Sabres at the same time.....barf. LOL

• Like (+1) 1

This to me sets up as the straw that breaks the camels back. The Blues need the win bad , the Sabres have settled into the same position they have for the past 8 seasons at this time of the year. Playing out the string. I see a 6-1 finish with both goalies being used. Possibly an Eichel tantrum. And quite possibly Skinner making a decision in his mind about what he wants to do going forward. Hate to be so negative but the last 10 games lead me here.

PULEASE prove me wrong.

I have a 530 game tonight so I'll be missing most of the game. Will listen to the pre & post games biking to and from the rink.

A Sabres win helps St. Louis fall in the standings to improve their draft pick while a Sabres loss helps us continue our plunge and helps our draft choice.

Win or lose it's a win-win outcome for our draft day and a lose-lose in optics for the Organization (ROR coming into town running over us). 

I'm leaning towards the outcome that gets HCPH fired faster which I believe involves a 10 game losing streak.

11 minutes ago, inkman said:

You don’t have to understand. It’s ok if we disagree. Part of it, yes, it is the dinner time thing. I’d rather eat healthy AND eat between 5-6pm. Just my preference. Again, agree to disagree. Today my wife and I are going down early to the arena, walk around the 100 and or 300 levels and try to find something, anything that isn’t fried, greasy, oily, highly caloric, artery hardening, and overall bad for you. Eat earlier then we’d prefer and overpay for the pleasure.

Sure, it’s only one game. Sure we can deal with it. Sure it’s not the end of the world. Never said it was. It’s an opinion I have. I don’t care for 5:00 games. Rather have a 1:00 or 3:00 game. No amount of debate will change what I prefer.

if I was staying at home .... sure, 5:00 is fine. We can eat while watching the game. No big deal.

Again, agree to disagree. 

6 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

You don’t have to understand. It’s ok if we disagree. Part of it, yes, it is the dinner time thing. I’d rather eat healthy AND eat between 5-6pm. Just my preference. Again, agree to disagree. Today my wife and I are going down early to the arena, walk around the 100 and or 300 levels and try to find something, anything that isn’t fried, greasy, oily, highly caloric, artery hardening, and overall bad for you. Eat earlier then we’d prefer and overpay for the pleasure.

Sure, it’s only one game. Sure we can deal with it. Sure it’s not the end of the world. Never said it was. It’s an opinion I have. I don’t care for 5:00 games. Rather have a 1:00 or 3:00 game. No amount of debate will change what I prefer.

if I was staying at home .... sure, 5:00 is fine. We can eat while watching the game. No big deal.

The Healthy Choice in Harbor Center?

6 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

The only time I eat between 5-6 is when I'm at my parents because they are 70 and bed time is coming soon. That being said, I think a simple "Yes it with my dinner routine" would have sufficed. Not sure what the comments about agreeing or understanding are about. Sounds like condescension. 

22 minutes ago, inkman said:

The only time I eat between 5-6 is when I'm at my parents because they are 70 and bed time is coming soon. That being said, I think a simple "Yes it with my dinner routine" would have sufficed. Not sure what the comments about agreeing or understanding are about. Sounds like condescension. 

No it wasnt condescension. It’s ok to disagree. No need to attack when people have different preferences or opinions. And not just 70 year olds eat dinner between 5-6ish. Your circle of friends/family may eat late into the night. That’s cool and it works for you. My circle usually doesn’t. Again, that’s cool. And I originally expressed my opinion on a 5:00 game. You wanted to understand. I tried explaining. You could have just said “ok, thanks for explaining”. Why the attack? You asked to know why I thought that way.

4 hours ago, Derrico said:

Been a long time coming.  I’m finally back in Buffalo and attending this one with the fam.  Let’s go Buffalo!!!!

There must have been a tweak to the 'thingies' ... I just gave you a Stanley Cup Awesome thingie.

+++++

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

At least they scored last night.  Not just once, but twice.

3 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

There must have been a tweak to the 'thingies' ... I just gave you a Stanley Cup Awesome thingie.

+++++

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

Yea it was nice seeing Skinner and Girgs pot one. Today maybe we can see 3 goals. I’d like to see Reinhart, Nylander, or Dahlin pot one. I assume Hutton is starting. 

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

+++++

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

Thank god Zemgus caught fire or it could have been much, much worse.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

So cynical. Why can't you enjoy your team scoring a goal? And take pride in the improvement over previous games?

So cynical.  I have been since birth.

Why can't you enjoy your team scoring a goal?  I do and have since 1970.

And take pride in the improvement over previous games?  2018-2019 Buffalo Sabres season fatigue.

I have not missed watching a game this year.   And the Avalanche games, which are blocked out since I live in Lincoln, NE., I listened to online.  49 year fans have earned a little leeway on how they cope with this team.

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

No it wasnt condescension. It’s ok to disagree. No need to attack when people have different preferences or opinions. And not just 70 year olds eat dinner between 5-6ish. Your circle of friends/family may eat late into the night. That’s cool and it works for you. My circle usually doesn’t. Again, that’s cool. And I originally expressed my opinion on a 5:00 game. You wanted to understand. I tried explaining. You could have just said “ok, thanks for explaining”. Why the attack? You asked to know why I thought that way.

I like brevity 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.