GDT: Blues @ Sabres 3-17-19. 5PM

spndnchz

Do they win or lose?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do they win or lose?

• Sabres win
    • Sabres lose

This poll is closed to new votes

My dream scenario ROR scores a hat trick and we get blown out 6-0. Both Bots and Housley are fired after the game.  An experienced respected GM is hired who hires an experienced respected coach and the Sabres lose the rest of the games win the lottery draft Hughes and go deep into the playoffs next year.  

A guy can dream. Why not?

• Thanks (+1) 1

I don't expect a win, but I do expect effort in this one. I can understand that lacking now in road games, but there should be an element of pride even when you are out of it when you play for the home crowd. If there isn't, then the culture has not changed one iota.

Speaking of that culture, if ROR was a problem shouldn't we see some of our current leaders take a few shots at him? A few liberties? I'm probably too old school.

14 minutes ago, freester said:

My dream scenario ROR scores a hat trick and we get blown out 6-0. Both Bots and Housley are fired after the game.  An experienced respected GM is hired who hires an experienced respected coach and the Sabres lose the rest of the games win the lottery draft Hughes and go deep into the playoffs next year.  

Not for nothing but the Pittsburgh boards have been complaining about not having Botts. I don’t think he’s the issue. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Not for nothing but the Pittsburgh boards have been complaining about not having Botts. I don’t think he’s the issue. 

What are thay saying specifically? Is it related to talent acquisition or salary cap management?

32 minutes ago, freester said:

What are thay saying specifically? Is it related to talent acquisition or salary cap management?

Both 

As a matter of fact one of the higher ups in the Pittsburgh Front Office mentioned that they really miss him. He is able to foresee problems long before anyone else and come up with solutions just as rapidly and that Rutherford made some moves that would have never happened with Botterill. He also mentioned how respected he is around the league and the how impressive the front office staff he has assembled in Buffalo is. 

Don’t get me wrong I’m still in WTF Camp about the ROR Trade, but he is not the problem in my humble opinion. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, freester said:

We got two second overall picks and a first. I doubt another teenager (who is not hyped up) is going to put us in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

I don't expect a win, but I do expect effort in this one. I can understand that lacking now in road games, but there should be an element of pride even when you are out of it when you play for the home crowd. If there isn't, then the culture has not changed one iota.

Speaking of that culture, if ROR was a problem shouldn't we see some of our current leaders take a few shots at him? A few liberties? I'm probably too old school.

Not ROR’s fault the Sabres suck. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

You mean like the effort in the last two home games? They haven't scored a goal at home in over 6 periods. Team is broken

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Both 

As a matter of fact one of the higher ups in the Pittsburgh Front Office mentioned that they really miss him. He is able to foresee problems long before anyone else and come up with solutions just as rapidly and that Rutherford made some moves that would have never happened with Botterill. He also mentioned how respected he is around the league and the how impressive the front office staff he has assembled in Buffalo is. 

Don’t get me wrong I’m still in WTF Camp about the ROR Trade, but he is not the problem in my humble opinion. 

Were you expecting his colleagues in Pittsburgh to throw him under the bus?  Of course they are going to say nice things about him.

One huge flaw of Botterill's is that he has been incredibly slow, cautious, and conservative to effect change.  That risks alienating his talent including Jack Eichel, and could be a factor in Skinner going elsewhere, if he indeed does so. 

I have no idea why Eichel would want to stick around this organization much longer.

Let's not forget ROR was here for 3 years!  He took it all in and decided best to move on.  Smart man.

4 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Were you expecting his colleagues in Pittsburgh to throw him under the bus?  Of course they are going to say nice things about him.

One huge flaw of Botterill's is that he has been incredibly slow, cautious, and conservative to effect change.  That risks alienating his talent including Jack Eichel, and could be a factor in Skinner going elsewhere, if he indeed does so. 

I have no idea why Eichel would want to stick around this organization much longer.

Let's not forget ROR was here for 3 years!  He took it all in and decided best to move on.  Smart man.

How can anyone around here forget ROR was here(as much as I'd like to).

If St Louis misses the playoffs (again)  by 1pt , we'll hear that everyone else on the team sucked. If they make the playoffs by a couple pts, we'll hear how it was because ROR made the difference and how we never should've made the trade.

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, freester said:

My dream scenario....

We beat the Blues, they miss the playoffs by 1pt, and they become the 3rd team in the NHL with a 10 or more game win streak to miss the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Both 

You're going to have to reconcile the Housley hiring. Wait... you already did. Damn, you're good.

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Blues need a win.  I can’t see the Sabres, a beaten and downtrodden group, winning this.  

I feel for any fans who show up today. 

I expect the Blues to forecheck the Sabres into oblivion. I watched them play the Leafs earlier this season (and the Leafs play a strong forechecking game also) and the Leafs were on their heels. This Blues club (who is fighting for a playoff spot) will come out hard tonight. I expect this to get ugly to be honest and perhaps the final decision maker in terms of how long this club wishes to continue with Phil- who I do believe at least finishes this season. I would like the Sabres to prove me wrong in all of this but somewhere post game, ROR will be smiling. Tarasenko and ROR will score tonight.

6 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

1-One huge flaw of Botterill's is that he has been incredibly slow, cautious, and conservative to effect change.  That risks alienating his talent including Jack Eichel, and could be a factor in Skinner going elsewhere, if he indeed does so. 

2-I have no idea why Eichel would want to stick around this organization much longer.

Let's not forget ROR was here for 3 years!  He took it all in and decided best to move on.  3-Smart man.

1-So you would rather he make quick, reckless decisions and be liberal with $$? ?

2-Easy answer...$$$$

3-Only a fool would idolize the opinion of a man that is known to drive while severely intoxicated.....

All of this IMO of course.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.