Play the Draft Lottery Simulator!

Kruppstahl

Though it seems a preposterous notion, I think the Toronto based "NHL Overseers" tinker with much more than anyone might suspect regarding the NHL.

That small, narrow minded bunch still loathes Buffalo for being able to keep a franchise out of Hamilton.

.....in other words, weather they finish last or 2nd last, forget Buffalo winning the draft lottery again for quite sometime.

Edited by I am the egg man

Meh, its well documented that the lottery is legit, separate audit companies and etc, there's a video that floated around here too with behind the scenes, I wouldn't put it past Toronto to not make the beat call for maybe a challenge or goal disallowal, but the lottery is on the up and up 

8 hours ago, SwampD said:

It just doesn't matter. One guy does not a team make. Haven't we learnt that yet? I genuinely do not care about anything that happens in the offseason.

Of course one guy doesn't make a team, but acquiring the talent that makes up the team is the main challenge.  When you can pick the talent that makes your team, it matters quite a bit.

8 hours ago, SwampD said:

It just doesn't matter. One guy does not a team make. Haven't we learnt that yet? I genuinely do not care about anything that happens in the offseason.

Casual fans might have held onto the strawman that getting that elite guy means just simply  waiting 3 years and then sitting back to enjoy a decade of deep playoff runs, but I dont recall any serious posters on here putting that case forward. 

So yes, getting the 7th pick or the first pick this year foretells exactly zilch in terms of future success. Getting the highest pick only promises one thing... getting the guy we want.

23 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

Ok, it was nice to get the fans a win last night but come on, we can't jump Detroit tomorrow night and I doubt the Rangers are winning again. Can't we all just be happy with a 7-6 regulation loss vs Detroit?

It can be an OT/SO loss, too.  We would still finish a point below Detroit and at least a point below the Rangers.

Scenarios:

Any loss --> 4th

Any win + Rangers not losing in regulation --> 5th

Any win + Ranger losing in regulation --> 6th

Edited by carpandean

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.