GDT: Sabres @ Hurricanes 3-16-19 7 PM

spndnchz

“Anytime that you put on an NHL sweater, put on a Sabres sweater, you better play with some pride otherwise you shouldn’t ***** be here. I don’t believe that, that we’ve lost that, and if guys have, then they shouldn’t be here."

"We can play spoiler, we can play whatever you want to call it, but this is about pride. This is about playing for the logo, playing for the guy next to you."

• Like (+1) 1

Is the draw now to see if they can win a game?

They're like an existentialist hockey team: meant to suffer because suffering is all that there is, except when there isn't suffering and they revel in the meaninglessness of it all.

Edited by ...
The Ghost of Dwight Drane
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I just read that article about even scoring a goal would be a moral victory......... Man, the bar is LOW. not sure any other team sets it that low but whatever. 

We will lose. 

Only in Buffalo are moral victories acceptable accomplishments.

Bills fans have been so beaten for so long, most fans are happy with "decent showings" in losses.

We tend to lose in Raleigh so why should this be any different?

I would genuinely like to see us lose through the TO game next Wed. night.  A loss to TO on home ice for our 9th in a row might be what we need to finally get some of these people fired.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I just read that article about even scoring a goal would be a moral victory......... Man, the bar is LOW. not sure any other team sets it that low but whatever. 

We will lose. 

Link? Is this it?

Jack Eichel returns, hoping to prevent Sabres from making dubious offensive history https://buffalonews.com/2019/03/15/buffalo-sabres-jack-eichel-zach-bogosian/

Edited by inkman

7 hours ago, ... said:

They're like an existentialist hockey team: meant to suffer because suffering is all that there is, except when there isn't suffering and they revel in the meaninglessness of it all.

There should be an arch in front of the Arena with this statement etched across the arch ?

Come to think of it, there should be an arch with this statement on it at every conceivable roadway, sidewalk, stone road and dirt path entering the greater Western New York region lol

Well done triple dot, well done.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Please score a goal 

Because it doesn't matter, and scoring and winning now don't carry over to October, I disagree. I think it's pretty damn cool, to go four games without a goal. Hell, let's set the modern record. Something that shocking would focus the issues at hand quite sharply, and I think we need that. A nail in the coffin, perhaps. Fail now for future gain. Y'all like that, right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

There should be an arch in front of the Arena with this statement etched across the arch ?

Come to think of it, there should be an arch with this statement on it at every conceivable roadway, sidewalk, stone road and dirt path entering the greater Western New York region lol

Well done triple dot, well done.

Not an arch, but this might work.

1011239753 town signs buffa.jpg

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

And, score a damn goal while you're at it, eh!!

I think Skinsie really shines in his return to the home of Carolina.  A hatsie for Skinsie.  You heard it here first.  Book it, Danno ...

“Must win”?  That ship sailed about 6 weeks ago. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ... said:

“Hell is other hockey teams”

J-PS

AHHH, SabreSpace!

9 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

“Must win”?  That ship sailed about 6 weeks ago. 

Even in the darkest hours of that thing that shall be nameless never did I hope for a loss.

Every single game is a must win.

That said, I do understand and appreciate your take on this.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Even in the darkest hours of that thing that shall be nameless never did I hope for a loss.

Every single game is a must win.

That said, I do understand and appreciate your take on this.

Yeah we all hope they will win.  But the reality proved by well over half the season is they are still the worst team in the league.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Yeah we all hope they will win.  But the reality proved by well over half the season is they are still the worst team in the league.  

I don't think they are the worst team in the league.  I will say that they are the most inconsistent (until recently when they have consistently stunk) and the worst at trying to establish their true identity.  The standings show that they are not the worst team, but they may be (I'm not checking and doing the math) if they had gone 5-5 instead of 10-0 back when. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, New Scotland (NS) said:

I don't think they are the worst team in the league.  I will say that they are the most inconsistent (until recently when they have consistently stunk) and the worst at trying to establish their true identity.  The standings show that they are not the worst team, but they may be (I'm not checking and doing the math) if they had gone 5-5 instead of 10-0 back when. 

The 10 game certainly saved them from bottom 3.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.