E. Kane's Wife has miscarriage

Eleven

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I had no idea that he had a daughter.

I know we don't necessarily love him here, but I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

That sounds more like a late miscarriage, which doesn't make it any better.

Edited by MattPie

Just now, Weave said:

My wife and I went through this 20 years ago.  Very sad.

I don't think I knew that.  What a horrible thing.

Just now, MattPie said:

That sounds more like a late miscarriage, which doesn't really make it any better.

After further research, you are correct.  I'll try to edit the title.

Nope, can't edit the title.  Mods please help.  Thanks.

Had to bury 2 kids of friends in the last 6 months.  It's hard to imagine the emotions. I had a long night of tears, Scotch and feelings you never want to think about or experience. As a parent, job number 1 is to get them to adulthood. Give them the best template you can and hope they succeed. For a child to never get that opportunity has to be worse than anything.  

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I don't think I knew that.  What a horrible thing.

After further research, you are correct.  I'll try to edit the title.

Nope, can't edit the title.  Mods please help.  Thanks.

Edit the first post using the full editor, you should be able to.

• Like (+1) 1

My mother lost 13 of them and my sister's twin (sis was about 4 months premie). It really really damages the psyche and is a big reason I'm afraid to ever try to have kids- most women in my family have had trouble with it and due to a lot of medical issues it looks like I'll likely face it too.

Everyone else in here who can relate- I'm sorry for your loss.

I believe after 20 weeks it's called a stillbirth rather than a miscarriage. Vocab aside, absolutely awful. Feel for them both. I hope they have the help they need to get through this. 

My heart breaks for Evander. My twin was a miscarriage. Several months premature. Doctors didn’t actually know my mom was pregnant with twins until several weeks later when she was still dealing with symptoms of pregnancy. They told her it was probably just the stress and her body’s confusion until they did another scan and boom, there I was.

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

My heart breaks for Evander. My twin was a miscarriage. Several months premature. Doctors didn’t actually know my mom was pregnant with twins until several weeks later when she was still dealing with symptoms of pregnancy. They told her it was probably just the stress and her body’s confusion until they did another scan and boom, there I was.

That is amazing.  Really sorry to hear about your twin but it's just incredible that you were a miracle behind a tragedy. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 7+6=13 said:

That is amazing.  Really sorry to hear about your twin but it's just incredible that you were a miracle behind a tragedy. 

Most people around here would describe me as a tragedy behind a tragedy.

I appreciate that, though. I can only imagine the emotions of my mother.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Miscarriages and stillbirths still happen with a surprising and tragic amount of frequency.  It's often treated like a shameful or embarrassing secret, but those feelings bely the need for healthy emotional support from loved ones through those incredibly difficult times.

No one ever deserves to go through that and no one ever deserves to go through that alone.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.