The Hockey Gods

PASabreFan

A lot of us joke about them but don't believe they are real. Does Phil?

Credit: wgr550.com

“We only gave that team 11 even strength scoring chances and if you continue to do that, it’s going to flip and that’s one of the challenges we face, but if we continue to play that type of game, maybe we can get some puck-luck because I’m a big believer that the harder you work, the hockey gods will be on your side if you’re playing the game the right way.”

18 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Phil is a firm believer in the power of positive thinking.

Im mostly on his side, but there comes a time when a man has to ponder if he’s starting to lie to himself.

I just think he knows he doesn't have the horses to win consistently in this league. Why brow beat, bag skate, publicly ridicule, yell at or in any other way demean his players if he truly believes they are giving an honest effort?

I also believe JBotts doesn't really want to break up the winning combinations in Rochester and that is why Nylander is here. He, from what I can tell from reading about him, is a deck chair.

This season I'm sure blew up as soon as Bergland went south. Both Phil and Jason knew it was almost impossible to recover not having a 2C. I'm willing to bet Jason told Phil *I'll do what I can, but don't expect much in season*.

Phil had the task of putting lip stick on this pig all season, and not go crazy in front of the cameras/microphones while doing it.

49 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

This thread should be deleted.  The hockey gods do not look kindly on being discussed in fan forums.

How many hockey gods are there?  Which one has the most say?

Phil believes in all kinds of witchcraft and voodoo.  It's all the traditional hockey crap that hockey guys think is important, despite it not really existing.

If he studied data and exercised reason, his player usage would have been a lot different this year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.