GDT - Penguins @ Sabres - March 14, 2019 - 7:00 PM EDT - MSG-B; SN; ATTSN-PT

Sabres Fan in NS

Just now, eman said:

Nope, Richard is right . O'Reilly wanted out. I am sure either he or his agent requested to be moved. You could see on his face in the post games he was biding his time and kind of talking around the issue. There is something going on here. 

Yea, the team isn't good. 

37 minutes ago, Jacque Richard said:

Time to hire Lindy and regier,  lol

34 minutes ago, Jacque Richard said:

Pegula in the house there?

No way.

31 minutes ago, Jacque Richard said:

So if the Sabres draft more talent, they would fook it up anyways.

29 minutes ago, Jacque Richard said:

Fire everyone including my buddy who is the chief engineer there, lol

25 minutes ago, Jacque Richard said:

I’d take disco right about now

24 minutes ago, Jacque Richard said:

#21 regurgitate the same crap with hammy now.

24 minutes ago, Jacque Richard said:

More pride, lol Jason p

All the players have answers, lol.

22 minutes ago, Jacque Richard said:

They have quit on the hall of hamer. Anybody can’t see that.

Pommerville sounds like a politician.

20 minutes ago, Jacque Richard said:

Where is ted sator, is he available 

18 minutes ago, Jacque Richard said:

Buy into the system. Lol. You guys have quit. Work ethic there isn’t any. 

18 minutes ago, Jacque Richard said:

The group is excited to get their paychecks I bet. 

17 minutes ago, Jacque Richard said:

Anybody see the GM at the arena.  

We ***** get it. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Yea, the team isn't good. 

I actually beg to differ. Under this coach, this team isn't good. I do believe there is more talent here than some give credit for. The only time we'll see that is once they leave and do well somewhere else. (and we're seeing it already with ex-Sabres who posters wanted run out of town) This coach stinks, and his assistants. That is the major problem.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, eman said:

I actually beg to differ. Under this coach, this team isn't good. I do believe there is more talent here than some give credit for. The only time we'll see that is once they leave and do well somewhere else. (and we're seeing it already with ex-Sabres who posters wanted run out of town) This coach stinks, and his assistants. That is the major problem.

I agree the coach sucks. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I agree the coach sucks. 

I don't want to deal Risto, Bogo et al. I honestly believe under Quenneville he can tighten up the D and implement a system that will help Hutton and Ullmark (I actually like our goaltending also- honest) with  a few decent assistants I also honestly believe the offense can get much better. There was a time when Pominville and Okposo could put the puck in the net. Tage has a great shot and size but is never instructed to get his ass in front of the opposing goaltender. Time for some serious coaching to take place here. We have some decent pieces. Tage reminds me of Andreychuk- no one screened DeSmith tonight and haven't for the past few games and I just don't get that. All the other teams do this.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, eman said:

Nope, Richard is right . O'Reilly wanted out. I am sure either he or his agent requested to be moved. You could see on his face in the post games he was biding his time and kind of talking around the issue. There is something going on here. 

It’s obvious that ROR recognized that we had incompetent coaching and GM. That’s why he wanted out. He wants to win.  Unfortunately the future looks bleak here. 

• Like (+1) 1

Listen, if this GM manages to fire Phil and get a coach like Quenneville or even Guy Boucher and the club doesn't improve under them, I'll concede that maybe we are talent poor. But I am convinced our problems the past few seasons have been entirely coaching related. I know I am beating this to death but to me, it just seems obvious. Garbage effort results in no one benched with any seniority in this league, screening opposing goalies doesn't seem to be part of the game plan (unless Samson does it- some times) I believe the club is a reflection of its coach (or coaches in our case) Another ex-Sabre stoned ROR and the Blues tonight just as an FYI. His name? Anders Nilsson- stood on his head for Ottawa in a 2-0 shutout win.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, freester said:

It’s obvious that ROR recognized that we had incompetent coaching and GM. That’s why he wanted out. He wants to win.  Unfortunately the future looks bleak here. 

It's not like St. Louis is a wrecking crew. They are in the playoffs by a 5 point margin.  Watching 90 last year, this wasn't a guy to build around going forward. Good player, but not a cornerstone. 

Just now, Darryl Shannon's +/- said:

It's not like St. Louis is a wrecking crew. They are in the playoffs by a 5 point margin.  Watching 90 last year, this wasn't a guy to build around going forward. Good player, but not a cornerstone. 

No, St. Louis has some challenges, but they sucked for a good 3 months of the season and once New Year's came and went, they are playing good hockey when it matters now. Tonight they got robbed by Nilsson (again- ex-Sabre doing well) a 35 save shutout and some brilliant stops included if you saw the highlights. (one of them on ROR) They play an entertaining game and you can notice the effort is definitely there. Night and day between them and this Sabre club.

1 minute ago, Darryl Shannon's +/- said:

I’d settle for good players instead of trash.  We have so much garbage on our lineup it’s absurd. Sobotka and Okposo are just as bad as Moulson. Thompson also plays a lot of minutes. He belongs in the AHL. 

Just now, freester said:

I’d settle for good players instead of trash.  We have so much garbage on our lineup it’s absurd. Sobotka and Okposo are just as bad as Moulson. Thompson also plays a lot of minutes. He belongs in the AHL. 

Our traditional problem has been playing players in positions above their abilities. A garbage 1C may be a fine 3C. You have to slot the players correctly and fill in the spaces with the appropriate talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, freester said:

I believe Botterill was aiming for the next 3 years with that trade. Shedding O'Reilly's cap hit and adding assets was the point. I think this year was about (hopefully) coming close to the playoffs.  I can't imagine he believed things would be this bleak. 

That said...our outlook going forward is far more flexible. We don't have to worry about paying 30+ year old O'Reilly 7.5 per. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.