GDT - Penguins @ Sabres - March 14, 2019 - 7:00 PM EDT - MSG-B; SN; ATTSN-PT

Sabres Fan in NS

17 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Win, right up to when we are mathematically eliminated. Then keep winning.

They have given up, it's obvious. That's why I have no shame in doing so the remainder of this season. This group just doesn't have the will to turn it around....it's over for now....for me.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

JUST WIN!!

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

NO MORE TANKING!!

THAT'S ALL!!

Considering this team hasn’t actively tanked in years, and isn’t this year, that’s easy. But winning... well ... that’s a different animal altogether...

Too much firepower on the Pens ...

4-1 loss. Bogosian, Skinner or Okposo with the lone goal.

4 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

Sold 4 lower level, center ice tickets for a grand total of $198. Was really looking forward to going to this game a month ago and now i won't even watch it on tv. I honestly hate this team right now and hope they get embarrassed every night they play.

I gave 2 in 212 away. They suck and are unwatchable.  Also gave away Leafs tix. Done with them for the year

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Weave said:

3 pages at faceoff.

Sad but likely true.

Of course since I now live here in Pgh. and will be barraged by my friends here I need to watch.

The Pens are doing what good playoffs teams do ramping up for the post season. 

Center Ice allows me to see all the good hard playing hockey teams right now which really drives home whats missing from the Sabres.  Yeah talent is still needed but a plan that put everybody in the best position to succeed with some heart and desire across the board would've gone a long way to making these games more entertaining.      

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Considering this team hasn’t actively tanked in years, and isn’t this year, that’s easy.

Are you so sure ...

45 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Finally the Sobotka vs. Crosby match-up I've been pining for since the dawn of time.

13 minutes ago, carpandean said:

Are you so sure ...

Yes. What Housley and JB are doing isn’t tanking. It’s poor decisions. Big difference. Too many fans are mixing any kind of losing or poor GMing or poor coaching with “tanking”. I know it won’t stop some from using that cute tanking trigger word, but it just isn’t true tanking.

Good grief....

9 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Yes. What Housley and JB are doing isn’t tanking. It’s poor decisions. Big difference. Too many fans are mixing any kind of losing or poor GMing or poor coaching with “tanking”. I know it won’t stop some from using that cute tanking trigger word, but it just isn’t true tanking.

Good grief....

This team is submarining, not tanking.

Sub meaning below as in playing below their level. Marine as in all things aquatic as in the Sabres look like the ice has melted and they can't skate in water.

Submarine a vessel that dives to unfathomable depths, see also the Sabres trajectory in the standings.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

This team is submarining, not tanking.

Sub meaning below as in playing below their level. Marine as in all things aquatic as in the Sabres look like the ice has melted and they can't skate in water.

Submarine a vessel that dives to unfathomable depths, see also the Sabres trajectory in the standings.

Haha ... I like where your heads at ??

in typical Sabres fashion they will come out today flying since no one is expecting much.  Even though Pittsburgh is trying to catch Washington and NYI for division title, I think they have a let down after big win over Washington the other night.

I going with a 4-2 Sabres win.  Skinner, Reinhart, Dahlin, and Okposo with goals.  PP finally clicks and score 2 goals.

or we could lose 6-1...who knows!!

Edited by sweetlou

24 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

in typical Sabres fashion they will come out today flying since no one is expecting much.  Even though Pittsburgh is trying to catch Washington and NYI for division title, I think they have a let down after big win over Washington the other night.

I going with a 4-2 Sabres win.  Skinner, Reinhart, Dahlin, and Okposo with goals.  PP finally clicks and score 2 goals.

or we could lose 6-1...who knows!!

As you point out, Pittsburgh is focused now and they are ramping up for the playoffs.

I expect them to play hard and us to get killed, particularly without Eichel in the game.

Hutton in net doesn't help things.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.