Should we root for the Sabres to lose out?

nfreeman

Do you support a mini-tank?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Sabres to lose as many more games as possible to improve their draft position?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Regardless of what you find yourself rooting for when you're being honest with yourself, do you think you SHOULD want the Sabres to lose in order to improve their draft position?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Did you support tanking for Eichel?

• Yes
    • No

This made me think of why I am still watching games. Then answer is it is entertainment. Even if the product sucks it is still hockey and you never know what will happen. With that, I do not support tanking the rest of the year. I want the team who gave Tampa fits to play every game. The fans bought in to tanking a few years ago and we believed their would be a light at the end of the tunnel. If we are forced to endure not just bad hockey but indignity again then it’s a shame. 

Thats what tanking is for anyone who forgot. Losing on purpose makes you one thing, a loser. If it didn’t work a couple years ago why should we believe it will now? Trust is a two way street. It’s an embarrassment to hear Sabres fans at home cheer a loss or opposition goal. Anyone who falls for the “ends justify the means” thinking again is a sucker.

Sorry but I’m just as pissed about the state of affairs as anyone else.

9 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

This made me think of why I am still watching games. Then answer is it is entertainment. Even if the product sucks it is still hockey and you never know what will happen. With that, I do not support tanking the rest of the year. I want the team who gave Tampa fits to play every game. The fans bought in to tanking a few years ago and we believed their would be a light at the end of the tunnel. If we are forced to endure not just bad hockey but indignity again then it’s a shame. 

Thats what tanking is for anyone who forgot. Losing on purpose makes you one thing, a loser. If it didn’t work a couple years ago why should we believe it will now? Trust is a two way street. It’s an embarrassment to hear Sabres fans at home cheer a loss or opposition goal. Anyone who falls for the “ends justify the means” thinking again is a sucker.

Sorry but I’m just as pissed about the state of affairs as anyone else.

Well just so we are clear, there is no way the Sabres as an organization are actively engaged in a "tank" for the remainder of the season.  Nor were they engaged in a tank at any time during this season. 

Tanking is when an organization, at the very top, decides to structure its team and maybe coaching staff as well so that even if it plays to its best ability, it will still be bad enough that it has to lose consistently.

We aren't doing that!  We are trying to win!  We just suck!

However, maybe you just mean that you personally are not going to actively engage in cheering for us to lose.  I am adopting the opposite position, but I can understand your choice.   A lot of fans are like that.  They are always going to cheer for a win and want a win, and they can never be blamed for adopting that stance IMO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.