Practice Report 3/13/19

Brawndo

8 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Good lord, what'd Skinner do to deserve that?

Whatever do you mean? This lineup is proof that FXGMJB won the O'Reilly trade. We traded a second line center in O'Reilly and not only did we get back a 1st and 2nd round pick, but we also got wunderkind Tage Thompson and 1ST LINE CENTER Vladimir Sobotka! Trade officially won.

I take back everything bad I ever said about him.

Sobotka has outperformed yesterday’s first line centre Casey Mittelstadt recently so I’m not getting too worked up about it. Reality is we have a third line centre and three fourth line centres on the roster right now.

And that third line is a really the fourth line.

I like the "idea" of that 3rd line but it'll probably be a disaster.

The Girgenson / Eichel D pairing is something I never knew I needed in my life.

This late in the season and Big Z is a healthy scratch? No way he comes back next year, right? I feel the same way about Larsson. They've been here too long and mucked through all the ***** and they'll never get that stink off.

7 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

So it's now painfully obvious that Phil is trying to get the Sabres to fire him?

Eh.  Maybe he's already been told, similar to the way DD was told:  X amount of improvement in the standings is required, and he knows the team is going to fall short.  So he no longer has any ****s to give.  Maybe JBot told him to tank the rest of the way and will get a severance bonus based on draft position.  Then JBot can hire a new coach and we'll have a different room next year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.