GDT Dallas At Buffalo 3/12/19 7pm MSG

Brawndo

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

If we really only win 3 or 4 more the rest of the year there is no way Housley can survive.  

They need 3 more points to get 10 more than last season.  I doubt they do this.

They can fire both Botterill and Housley at this point and it won't matter.  These two guys bring absolutely nothing to the organization.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, jad1 said:

They can fire both Botterill and Housley at this point and it won't matter.  These two guys bring absolutely nothing to the organization.

Yeah.  To me the ROR trade put us right back into lotto territory.  1 step forward one step back.  Very bad trade.  In addition he’s fielded 2 bottom feeders, that minus a lucky streak is no better than last year.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Yeah.  To me the ROR trade put us right back into lotto territory.  1 step forward one step back.  Very bad trade.  In addition he’s fielded 2 bottom feeders, that minus a lucky streak is no better than last year.  

Thompson and Mittelstadt look more and more like busts every game too.  Botterill needs to be held accountable for not letting these guys develop in Rochester.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Beer said:

The Sabres should go into the funeral business because they are good at digging holes.

Not to mention they are good at sucking the life out of their customers

11 minutes ago, Beer said:

Man, I’m negative tonight.  Sorry SS’ers.

As many of us are. You have every right to be watching this dumpster fire.

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Thompson and Mittelstadt look more and more like busts every game too.  Botterill needs to be held accountable for not letting these guys develop in Rochester.

MIttelstadt and bust are two words that don't belong in the same stratosphere. 

I have faith in Mittelstadt as a prospect, it hasn't been shaken. This just illustrates how laughable it was the Botterill had Mittelstadt (or Mittelstadt/Berglund) penciled in as the 2C.

Laughable.

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

In addition he’s fielded 2 bottom feeders, that minus a lucky streak is no better than last year.  

Games 1-15, 26-68 last year: 51 points

Games 1-15, 26-68 this year: 49 points

Of course:

Games 16-25 last year: 4 points

Games 16-25 this year: 20 points

Edited by carpandean
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Mustache of God said:

half watching the game I think I've seen Nylander look like he's trying on one shift.

To be fair, it's hard to score goals in this league.

He's upset he's not in Rochester. He's definitely playing/acting his way right out of the organization.

14 minutes ago, jad1 said:

If they fired both and it doesn't matter at all....that says more about the players than management, especially seeing alot of these guys were here already before them.

1 minute ago, Tondas said:

I know Nylander is young, but I haven't seen anything yet that convinces me that his future is more than an average forward in the Swedish League. 

And what's that say about the farm if he was the first one they brought up? I'm just hoping this is JB's way of deciding what to do with him after the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

MIttelstadt and bust are two words that don't belong in the same stratosphere. 

I have faith in Mittelstadt as a prospect, it hasn't been shaken. This just illustrates how laughable it was the Botterill had Mittelstadt (or Mittelstadt/Berglund) penciled in as the 2C.

Laughable.

To me that is near fireable.  He’s done great with the Amerks.  But there is maybe one or two players there that will help us next year.  I have a feeling Ottawa will shoot right past us with a quicker rebuild.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.