GDT Dallas At Buffalo 3/12/19 7pm MSG

Brawndo

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

Best thing that can happen to this franchise is respectable finish that lets veteran returnees (Jack, Sam, Risto and Jeff) feel that this year constitute progress, coupled with an experience that sets up Linus and Casey and Dahlin (better yet, and Thompson and Nylander) to make big jumps this summer.

Im really getting exasperated by this sense that is starting to dominate the board that there is no reason to hope. People seem to want to wallow in misery.

Who's wallowing in misery?  When this team is good again, Phil Housley will not be its HC.  Therefore, the sooner we get from here to there, the better.

Losing out (more or less) in ugly fashion would probably hasten that process, so I think that's the most valuable use of these remaining games. 

Talking about "veteran returnees" feeling this year constitutes progress is ridiculous and frankly the sort of thing sports fans talk about.  It's not a real thing.  Those guys know what's going on around them and hopefully are pissed off about it.  Our record for a dozen more games and change isn't going to change their opinions.

How long did it take for ROR to figure things out and begin his "trade me" campaign?!  Not long.

Edited by Kruppstahl

16 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

That first line looks scary, and not in a good way. That's just gross. Nylander said in his interview that it was a little disappointing to not be with the Amerks because they've been playing so well. At least he doesn't like losing, I guess.

Just now, PASabreFan said:

After this:

Scandella doesn't have the raw skill of a Dahlin, but...he also doesn't have the mental fortitude either.

it would have been funny.

Gotcha. Could have fried an egg on my face.

Lucky for me Dahlin wouldn't make that play.

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.