GDT Dallas At Buffalo 3/12/19 7pm MSG

Brawndo

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

MIttelstadt and bust are two words that don't belong in the same stratosphere. 

I have faith in Mittelstadt as a prospect, it hasn't been shaken. This just illustrates how laughable it was the Botterill has Mittelstadt (or Mittelstadt/Berglund) penciled in as the 2C.

Laughable.

He's not NHL ready.  A year in the minors would have helped him like a year in junior helped Reinhart.

10 goals this year shows he's not ready to be an NHL scorer.  11 assists show that he's not ready to be a playmaker.  

I don't think it's a given he makes a leap next season.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

And what's that say about the farm if he was the first one they brought up? I'm just hoping this is JB's way of deciding what to do with him after the season. 

Rochester looks like a great AHL team but we've known all along they aren't exactly rife with legit-NHL prospects busting down the door to come up. 

Asplund, Olofsson, Pliut, and Borgen to me are the guys with legit shots.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

If they fired both and it doesn't matter at all....that says more about the players than management, especially seeing alot of these guys were here already before them.

They have like 4 legit NHL players on the team.  I don't think firing the guy who built the team and the guy who runs it would be that bad of a thing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Rochester looks like a great AHL team but we've known all along they aren't exactly rife with legit-NHL prospects busting down the door to come up. 

Asplund, Olofsson, Pliut, and Borgen to me are the guys with legit shots.

Can't say I disagree with this. At least I'll be able to watch some playoff hockey this year down at the BCA. Been awhile since I've been to an Amerks playoff game.

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Good try tonight but we are making Ben Bishop look eight feet tall.

Who predicted Sam Reinhart would allow Tage to miss several brilliant chances? Well done.

Sam needs to stop deferring to Jack and try to take control more often.

Tough to do when the coach won't keep you on your own line and Botterill allows him to do just that.

7 minutes ago, jad1 said:

He's not NHL ready.  A year in the minors would have helped him like a year in junior helped Reinhart.

10 goals this year shows he's not ready to be an NHL scorer.  11 assists show that he's not ready to be a playmaker.  

I don't think it's a given he makes a leap next season.  

To give Reinhart his proper due: Reinhart put up 42 points his 2nd post draft year. This is also Casey's second post draft year.

• Like (+1) 1

None of our guys go to the front of the net and camp out.  I’m not surprised Bishop is pitching another shutout.  No one is in front of him screening shots and banging in rebounds.  They need to watch some video of Thomas Vanek.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

And now we get to watch the Cleveland Browns blow past the Bills in their rebuild after trading for Beckham. That team is loaded on offense.

The Bills are making some nice moves today. Browns can have OBJ

1 minute ago, Beer said:

None of our guys go to the front of the net and camp out.  I’m not surprised Bishop is pitching another shutout.  No one is in front of him screening shots and banging in rebounds.  They need to watch some video of Thomas Vanek.  

No one on this team has a killer instinct. Maybe Skinner who's ultra skilled but small. Tonight its more of the same. The coaching staff doesn't seem to have an answer. We'll most likely get shut out again. Its pretty much unwatchable. They've improved on last year but that was a given wasn't it. Meh.

6 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Yeah, that's why I have concerns about Casey.

Casey is no Reinhart.  As a prospect he was a full step lower than Sam.  

I have not seen improvement in his game this season.  AHL would have helped his confidence.  

Edited by Pimlach

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.