GDT Dallas At Buffalo 3/12/19 7pm MSG

Brawndo

• SDS pinned this topic

They'll win. Jack is out and the lines are all different. They are playing a mediocre opponent. They will come up and play the system for 2 of 3 players and win 4-3 after some late saves in the 3rd when they stop playing well again. Then they will lose the next 2-3 games. 

Must Win!....That's funny.  Must Compete!,.....yeah, right.  Must at least be entertaining!....forgetaboutit.  Must play the game because the NHL mandates it!....Now we're on to something.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tondas said:

Must Win!....That's funny.  Must Compete!,.....yeah, right.  Must at least be entertaining!....forgetaboutit.  Must play the game because the NHL mandates it!....Now we're on to something.

Is the last one what the Pegulas are going to go with for their 2019-2020 season slogan?

The could have it painted at the entry into their Bill's and Sabres offices... ..

Edited by apuszczalowski
  • Haha (+1) 1

Don’t know what is in store.  Will they rally without Eichel?  

Who will rise to the occasion?  Who will lead?    — Skinner without Eichel? Reinhart? Risto? Bogo? 

I see Dallas playing a slow down grinding game and beating us at home.  I hear boos from the crowd.  I hope I’m wrong. I hate cheering for a draft slot, won’t do it.  

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

They'll win. Jack is out and the lines are all different. They are playing a mediocre opponent. They will come up and play the system for 2 of 3 players and win 4-3 after some late saves in the 3rd when they stop playing well again. Then they will lose the next 2-3 games. 

Sooooooo.....Jack is out, that's different.

I'm torn between thinking the Sabres can rally behind Jack's suspension and come out flying or they're going to wilt faster than blanched spinach. They're on home ice so Phil was have some control of matchups but with this line-up it doesn't really matter much. 

My predicition is Sobotka goes 2-6 on the left face-off dot and Nylander says "it's hard to win in this league" in the post game.

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

I'm more interested in the bills free agency. That's how you know it's March in Buffalo

Pretty decent day for us yesterday, really liked the Morse and Gore pickups.

Jets are spending to their will since they don't have draft picks to dish their own cash to, but that Gregg Williams defense will be tough to play against 

And of course Go Sabres, but if we lose...meh lottery

Forget Sabre dance, this should be the theme song as the Sabres come on to the ice tonight:

Why try? I know why
The feeling inside me says it's time I was gone
Clear head, new life ahead
It's time I was king now -- not just one more pawn

Fly by night, away from here
Change my life again
Fly by night, goodbye my dear
My ship isn't coming and I just can't pretend

I think there is a solid chance we do win this one tonight, though I'm hoping against it.

Best thing that can happen for this franchise is to finish out the season in a really ugly fashion.

Most interesting thing I've read in this thread so far is the poster who is going to eat at Chef's tonight.

It's making me hungry.  Wish I was there eating a little veal parm with you!

Best thing that can happen to this franchise is respectable finish that lets veteran returnees (Jack, Sam, Risto and Jeff) feel that this year constitute progress, coupled with an experience that sets up Linus and Casey and Dahlin (better yet, and Thompson and Nylander) to make big jumps this summer.

Im really getting exasperated by this sense that is starting to dominate the board that there is no reason to hope. People seem to want to wallow in misery.

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.