Sabres Soft? Zadorov hit on Eichel reminiscent of Lucic/Miller in 2011

dejeanerret

Why is no one questioning the Captain's response to this incident?

It's not like he was injured on the play.  He took a hit and got up looking like he could not believe he was touched.  Then he just stood there.

For me, that was exhibit A1 of the problem on this team.  I'm getting tired of Eichel playing like he's entitled.  There was no reason Eichel could not get up and get into the fracas.

1 minute ago, LTS said:

It's not like he was injured on the play.  He took a hit and got up looking like he could not believe he was touched.  Then he just stood there.

For me, that was exhibit A1 of the problem on this team.  I'm getting tired of Eichel playing like he's entitled.  There was no reason Eichel could not get up and get into the fracas.

I think the whole argument is more fan generated fan speak. Are the Avs fans going nuts about the ZERO scrum response to Soderberg? Soderberg got up and skated away and didn't defend himself either.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

I think the whole argument is more fan generated fan speak. Are the Avs fans going nuts about the ZERO scrum response to Soderberg? Soderberg got up and skated away and didn't defend himself either.

The difference is that Eichel's team was responding at the time.  He just stood there.  The Soderberg incident had no response, period.  There was nothing to jump into.  If Soderberg remained on the ice I would bet there would have been a response.  He just got up and Eichel went to the box.

Just now, Claude Balls said:

I think Jack had his bell rung a little bit and looked a little wobbly for a minute. Once he saw his teammates come in he kinda tried to get away to gather his marbles. He did just have his helmetless head rubbed out along the boards.

I would disagree.  He had a look of disbelief on his face. Looking around, as he likes to do, searching for a referee who believes the same thing that Jack believes, "I'm not supposed to get touched."

7 minutes ago, LTS said:

7 minutes ago, LTS said:

I would disagree.  He had a look of disbelief on his face. Looking around, as he likes to do, searching for a referee who believes the same thing that Jack believes, "I'm not supposed to get touched."

Prolly a little of both, but getting your head stuffed into the glass by 6'5", 235 lb defenseman would give any player some cobwebs for a few mins at the very least

Capture+_2019-03-11-13-24-14.png

4 hours ago, SDS said:

The two bolded statements are in direct conflict. You claim no one immediately responded and then praised the two that immediately responded.

Should have been more clear... My comment was in reference to Nelson and any other player who watched what happened to their Captain... and did not respond... 

2 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Prolly a little of both, but getting your head stuffed into the glass by 6'5", 235 lb defenseman would give any player some cobwebs for a few mins at the very least

Capture+_2019-03-11-13-24-14.png

He then came within inches of getting his face caved in by Skinner's stick.  At that point, it's best to just get out.

5 hours ago, Weave said:

Who else but Reinhart and Skinner would you expect to respond to this?  They were the other two forwards on the ice, and likely the only two other players in the vicinity when the check was thrown.

Other than Nelson.  Nelson should have been in on the shenanigans.

Nelson.   You answered your question.

5 hours ago, LTS said:

I think this is a valid criticism.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.