What are your predictions/expectations for next year?

freester

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

Listening to Canuck radio, it is amazing to see how similar our fan bases are at the moment.

To wit:

”The first two months of the season were a mirage.”

”Every year it is the same thing. We bring in new veterans and new kids, but we still suck.”

”Benning (Botterill) has used up all his bullets. Boeser and Horvat (Eichel and Reinhart) are what they are. They’re good, but they haven’t fixed us and they aren’t getting better.”

”Pettersson (Dahlin) is amazing and will probably be even better but he can’t change the franchise around by himself. I have hopes for Quinn Hughes (Casey Mittelstadt) developing some day, but he could just as easily be another Jake Virtanen (Tage Thompson) it’s not enough, and who else is coming? It’s not like we will be picking in the top three this year.”

”How long can we keep trotting out Edler and Tanev (Bogosian and Ristolainen) in our top four and expect to win?”

”Every veteran we pick up is just bad: Beagle, Gudbranson, Spooner, Tim ***** Schaller... (Berglund, Scandella, Sheary, Vladimir ***** Sobotka.... And don’t even get me started on Loui Erickson (Kyle Okposo)”

“It starts at the top. Aquilini (Pegula) interferes too much. Benning (Botterill) just doesn’t get it and Green (Housley) doesn’t have a clue. It’s never going to get better. Time to blow it up.”

One obvious difference is that at least Vancouver can look back fondly on the 2010/2011 campaign and enjoy that incredible regular season run they had, and the fact that they were 1 win away from hoisting the Cup.

At least that is something.

That was the year we lost to Philly in round 1 and haven't had a sniff since!

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

One obvious difference is that at least Vancouver can look back fondly on the 2010/2011 campaign and enjoy that incredible regular season run they had, and the fact that they were 1 win away from hoisting the Cup.

At least that is something.

That was the year we lost to Philly in round 1 and haven't had a sniff since!

I guess you're right....that's why I'm so glad I'm a Bills fan...4 times to look back on proudly missing the Lombardi by one win.

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

Listening to Canuck radio, it is amazing to see how similar our fan bases are at the moment.

To wit:

”Every year it is the same thing. We bring in new veterans and new kids, but we still suck.”

”Benning (Botterill) has used up all his bullets. Boeser and Horvat (Eichel and Reinhart) are what they are. They’re good, but they haven’t fixed us and they aren’t getting better.”

”Pettersson (Dahlin) is amazing and will probably be even better but he can’t change the franchise around by himself. I have hopes for Quinn Hughes (Casey Mittelstadt) developing some day, but he could just as easily be another Jake Virtanen (Tage Thompson) it’s not enough, and who else is coming? It’s not like we will be picking in the top three this year.”

”How long can we keep trotting out Edler and Tanev (Bogosian and Ristolainen) in our top four and expect to win?”

”Every veteran we pick up is just bad: Beagle, Gudbranson, Spooner, Tim ***** Schaller... (Berglund, Scandella, Sheary, Vladimir ***** Sobotka.... And don’t even get me started on Loui Erickson (Kyle Okposo)”

“It starts at the top. Aquilini (Pegula) interferes too much. Benning (Botterill) just doesn’t get it and Green (Housley) doesn’t have a clue. It’s never going to get better. Time to blow it up.”

...excellent post!!!

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

To wit:

Except today Dave Pratt actually said Quinn Who would or could win two Norris Trophies and help the Canucks win three, count them, three Stanley Cups. This from an eighth round pick. Imagine they had won the draft lottery and picked Dahlin ? Pratt might have actually talked about Dahlin this season. Anyways they have high hopes for young Quinn and no doubt he'll be good but the over the top hyperbole out of Pratt is over the top.

Pratt makes talk radio in Van City CRAZY and he gets the locals all riled up. The worst part is that people actually believe him. I know what you're saying Dudacek , the Canucks are like an alternate universe to the Sabres. I hear it every day.

On 3/13/2019 at 10:51 PM, bunomatic said:

Pratt makes talk radio in Van City CRAZY and he gets the locals all riled up. The worst part is that people actually believe him. I know what you're saying Dudacek , the Canucks are like an alternate universe to the Sabres. I hear it every day.

Well, they are our "sister" team, also coming into the league in 1970.  Maybe that was just a bad year to start up a new pro hockey team... 

Frankly, I don't know where the Sabres are headed.  I already spent all my frustration with them over the last decade; now I'm just weary.  I used to have a tingle of excitement in September when training camp was about to start.  Now, I just sigh...loudly. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.