Eichel Gets Two Game Suspension from the Dept of Player Safety

Brawndo

Just now, skaught said:

Lol, both were perfectly legal hockey plays.

I thought so, too.

But of the three plays being discussed, only the Sabre will lose games.

And there will be many words used to tell me why this is the proper outcome.

And as a Sabres fan, I will bend over and take it willingly.

2 hours ago, Weave said:

I think so.  He had a phone call earlier in the year IIRC.

I'll remain consistent on this.  It's contact with he head primarily.  It should be suspendable. 

Yep. Lots of overthinking here. Don't hit people in the head.

53 minutes ago, skaught said:

When is zadorovs hearing?

For roughing? His stick was also up, so the penalty could have been a double minor. Zadorov didn't target Eichel's head or make it the principal point of contact.

I remain amazed we can never agree on the facts of these situations.

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Yep. Lots of overthinking here. Don't hit people in the head.

For roughing? His stick was also up, so the penalty could have been a double minor. Zadorov didn't target Eichel's head or make it the principal point of contact.

I remain amazed we can never agree on the facts of these situations.

Are you really arguing that Zadarov didn't target Jack's head? Dude, C'mon. The bolded is very true.

It’s been a while since we really had a good blame session regarding those dastardly refs.  They always seem to pick on us and make our teams lousy.  They even make it look like the crappiness is overwhelmingly due to mismanagement!

Effing refs.  It’s always them.  

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Are you really arguing that Zadarov didn't target Jack's head? Dude, C'mon. The bolded is very true.

If you call a face wash with his left arm targeting the head… His right shoulder went into his chest. 

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

It’s been a while since we really had a good Blane session regarding those dastardly refs.  They always seem to pick on us and make our teams lousy.  They even make it look like the crappiness is overwhelmingly due to mismanagement!

Effing refs.  It’s always them.  

Strawman alert!

Not a single person said that the refs were the reason we were lousy,… or even lost that game.

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

If you call a face wash with his left arm targeting the head… His right shoulder went into his chest. 

Watch at :50 sec in to the video on the page one of this thread and tell me that the head wasn't the target.

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Watch at :50 sec in to the video on the page one of this thread and tell me that the head wasn't the target.

I have watched it a dozen times. I think he hits Jack in the chest and then when he slips and starts to fall he continues to push his forearm under his chin and up and over his face and knocked off his helmet. 

Just now, SDS said:

I have watched it a dozen times. I think he hits Jack in the chest and then when he slips and starts to fall he continues to push his forearm under his chin and up and over his face and knocked off his helmet. 

I think Z's left hand hits him square in the face almost before any other part of him touches Jack.

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I think Z's left hand hits him square in the face almost before any other part of him touches Jack.

I guess it depends how you define principle point of contact. If my arms are in and not extended and I hit your chest and shoulders and I have a hand on your face at the same time what does that mean? 

I don’t think his head experienced any additional force than did the rest of his body - beside the forearm that went up and over his face.  The force certainly wasn’t concentrated on his head. 

31 minutes ago, SDS said:

I guess it depends how you define principle point of contact. If my arms are in and not extended and I hit your chest and shoulders and I have a hand on your face at the same time what does that mean? 

I don’t think his head experienced any additional force than did the rest of his body - beside the forearm that went up and over his face.  The force certainly wasn’t concentrated on his head. 

Again, I didn't really have a problem with it, but as freeman has so astutely pointed out, I have a problem with of all the questionable hits, only the Sabre will sit.

It's a real thing, Free.

Sorry, but that Chara hit just really pissed me off.

Edited by SwampD

16 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

LOL.  Do you actually watch Sabres games or just talk about them at chat forums?

LOL

Actually, you ***** I have a lot going on in my life and it is widely known that I do not watch the games.  I am lucky if I have time to watch the highlights.  I did not see the hit at the time of my post and still haven't.  So, I asked what happened.  I was told nicely by @Brawndo, but thanks for another ***** contribution to the discussion.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
  • Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, SwampD said:

Again, I didn't really have a problem with it, but as freeman has so astutely pointed out, I have a problem with of all the questionable hits, only the Sabre will sit.

It's a real thing, Free.

Sorry, but that Chara hit just really pissed me off.

What's "a real thing?"

That "the refs" in multiple sports treat Buffalo's teams differently than they treat other teams?

Really?

40 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

What's "a real thing?"

That "the refs" in multiple sports treat Buffalo's teams differently than they treat other teams?

Really?

10 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Well yeah.  Because Buffalo.

Not just Buffalo. Refs are biased. They just are.

Sheesh, how quickly we forget. We had a large chunk of a thread devoted to talking about emails stating that not only did the NHL know that there were biased refs, but they were actively having them do games where they knew it would mess with the team. 

And for the record, I have no problem with Jack's suspension. It's the fact that Chara didn't even get a penalty that pisses me off.

11 hours ago, SDS said:

The stick has to catch him in the head at some point during all of that.  At the very least, there's a high stick in there.  You don't often see someone throwing a hit with their stick nearly vertical.

2 hours ago, shrader said:

The stick has to catch him in the head at some point during all of that.  At the very least, there's a high stick in there.  You don't often see someone throwing a hit with their stick nearly vertical.

Definitely catches him high with his stick and glove. Maybe not a suspension worthy hit, but deserved a penalty. But the worst part about this pic, looks like more Avs fans in the crowd. 

Capture+_2019-03-11-12-52-02.png

Edited by Claude Balls

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.