Eichel Gets Two Game Suspension from the Dept of Player Safety

Brawndo

3 hours ago, woods-racer said:

Have to say Chara is right with that one. 

Kane was down and reaching and Chara backed into him. Chara had the chance to decapitate Kane and simply separated him from the puck.

The Eichel hit to me shows more malice or bad intent than the Chara hit.

Intent doesn't matter. Initial contact was the head. Chara should have had a hearing.

Or at least s penalty ffs.

5 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Eichel should have waited for the Colorado player to get the puck?

Eichel should have hit him earlier and taken an interference penalty?

The hit looks worse than it was. The head contact is with his back, not shoulder, arm or elbow. Should have been 0 games. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, spndnchz said:

The guy ran into Jack

It's a defensive move. The exact same one Brad Marchand uses often and has been suspended for and so it's not surprising. I personally don't like that being a suspendable offense - the other player is skating towards you and does not have to and let's face it if a tougher guy is coming in you instinctively want to protect yourself and how do you as a player know who it is coming in so I never like this call, but it's what the league wants these days. 

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Meh, not surprised.

So, isn't this his 2nd incident? Or no?

I think so.  He had a phone call earlier in the year IIRC.

I'll remain consistent on this.  It's contact with he head primarily.  It should be suspendable. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

I loved Big Z's hit, complete with that little flourish at the end where he ripped Eichel's helmet off for good measure! 

Big Z had that mean streak in him from the very beginning.  He would actively look to line people up in open ice and kill them.

His defensive play was not very good and I can see why we let him go, but it always stung.  You can't teach that mean streak, and boy does Z have it!  A mile wide!

The Avs won that trade....hands down!

Thanks Tim

55 minutes ago, Weave said:

I think so.  He had a phone call earlier in the year IIRC.

I'll remain consistent on this.  It's contact with he head primarily.  It should be suspendable. 

No leeway with what made contact with the head?

35 minutes ago, SDS said:

No leeway with what made contact with the head?

I'm comfortable with that.

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Again. Watch the Chara hit on Kane. Apparently, there is plenty of leeway.

That hit isn't fresh in my mind anymore, but my recollection is there was alot more than just head that was hit, so not quite the same as the Eichel hit.

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

I'm comfortable with that.

That hit isn't fresh in my mind anymore, but my recollection is there was alot more than just head that was hit, so not quite the same as the Eichel hit.

It was way more intentional and way more violent to the head. But Chara plays for a MFT and Kane is, well, Kane.

The lack of even a penalty has pissed me off more than anything I can remember in sports for quite a long time. And to add insult to injury, I think Kane even got an instigator and a game misconduct. Gotta love the good ol' boys NHL.

Garbage league. I think I'm done for the year.

I get it. We’re Sabres fans. He’s our best player. We don’t want him suspended. But this one is clearcut.

Soderberg does NOT “run into” Eichel. Eichel and Soderberg are both skating for a loose puck. Eichel actually has him beat so Soderberg leans in to poke it away. Instead of taking a quick stride to get to the puck first Eichel sets a wide base to sturdy himself and prepare to make contact, except Soderberg’s body isn’t near enough so Eichel suddenly changes his direction slightly and drives through his head. Lucky for Soderberg Eichel is juuuuust off so his shoulder misses ever so sightly and Eichel hits him with his upper back instead.

Eichel could have gotten that puck and made no contact.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.