Eichel Gets Two Game Suspension from the Dept of Player Safety

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Will Zadorov?

It's Nikita. Bad dump bump. His hit was high (though not late), but the head wasn't the principal point of contact. If you want a real villain here, blame the linesman who couldn't find his mouth with the whistle.

3 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

The guy ran into Jack

I just saw the hit finally. If you’re talking about Soderberg this isn’t even close to the truth. Jack lunged his shoulder into his head.

It’s a move Euchel does constantly but I don’t think he meant to get his head. But he did. It was real bad. That’s a two-game hit.

57 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It's Nikita. Bad dump bump. His hit was high (though not late), but the head wasn't the principal point of contact. If you want a real villain here, blame the linesman who couldn't find his mouth with the whistle.

watch the replay with sound again. Zadarov's hit was most certainly after the whistle, which you can clearly hear a second or 2 before he makes contact, which was in fact, to the head, hence Eichel's helmet coming off.

32 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I just saw the hit finally. If you’re talking about Soderberg this isn’t even close to the truth. Jack lunged his shoulder into his head.

It’s a move Euchel does constantly but I don’t think he meant to get his head. But he did. It was real bad. That’s a two-game hit.

Hmm, after watching the replay a bunch of times, I'm not sure it's worthy of a suspension. Soderberg was stretching forward to try and reach the puck and got real low, Jack was there first and was using his body to protect the puck. The head contact looked incidental. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he got a game for it.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

watch the replay with sound again. Zadarov's hit was most certainly after the whistle, which you can clearly hear a second or 2 before he makes contact, which was in fact, to the head, hence Eichel's helmet coming off.

I doubt it was even a second. You can't ask Zadorov to not finish the check. You can ask him not to scrape Jack's helmet off after the hit, which is why Jack ended up lid-less.

FYI:

What is the difference between a telephone hearing and an in-person hearing?

If the Department of Player Safety determines that any Supplemental Discipline from an infraction will result in five games or less or a fine of more than $5,000, the hearing is conducted by phone.

If the infraction might require a suspension of six games or more, the offending Player is offered the opportunity to an in-person hearing. In this case, the Player remains suspended until the hearing takes place. If the Player waives his right to an in-person hearing, the hearing will be conducted by phone.

2 hours ago, bobs0108 said:

I think the Eichels hit does warrant a hearing and one game. I also think Zadorov also deserves a game  

Here is a video of both hits 

I loved Big Z's hit, complete with that little flourish at the end where he ripped Eichel's helmet off for good measure! 

Big Z had that mean streak in him from the very beginning.  He would actively look to line people up in open ice and kill them.

His defensive play was not very good and I can see why we let him go, but it always stung.  You can't teach that mean streak, and boy does Z have it!  A mile wide!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Save all the faux bewilderment.

I will just assume you all missed this.

https://larrybrownsports.com/hockey/evander-kane-stunned-no-call-zdeno-chara-hit/485958

Have to say Chara is right with that one. 

Kane was down and reaching and Chara backed into him. Chara had the chance to decapitate Kane and simply separated him from the puck.

The Eichel hit to me shows more malice or bad intent than the Chara hit.

My take on the two hits...

Zadorov hit was late...initial contact was shoulder on shoulder but Zadorov takes his forearm shoves Eichel's head against the glass.  I believe it should have been a one game suspension.

Eichel hit on Soderberg was to the head only because Soderberg lunges forward at the last second to poke the puck away from Eichel. Should not be suspended but Eichel may get one game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.