OT....St. Patrick and his Day....

Ogre

4 hours ago, Claude_Verret said:

Ha...unfortunately I am semi retired from my bbq hey day. Got read the riot act by my doc about 18 months ago and went 90% plant based diet. I only bbq once in a blue moon these days. On the upside I'm down almost 50 lbs and feel like I'm 25 again!

You and me both.  My smoker is up for sale.  I'm not on a 90% veg diet, but meat was cut in half and starches were cut 90%.  I think I lit the smoker once last Summer.

Are you hitting Chautauqua this year?

I waited until today to make my corn beef. 

5 lb flat cut, take a large onion and a lemon and thinly slice them, I trim the surface fat and cold rinse the corning salt off, then Lay in a roasting pan, onions and lemons in top with fresh peppercorn, whole Clove, and allspice, then 6 cups of water and cover and cook at 325 for about 4 hours. 

Take Dijon mustard and brown sugar coat the top over the roast and broil for 5-8 minutes to crust it up. 

Delicious with a unique flavor, the rest gets sliced up for fresh Reubens for the week ?

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Just rolled my leftover cabbage and corned beef into egg roll wraps with course mustard. I'm salivating typing this...

My mind started to go somewhere completely different when I read "Just rolled my leftover cabbage..."

• Haha (+1) 2

On 3/18/2019 at 6:37 PM, Weave said:

You and me both.  My smoker is up for sale.  I'm not on a 90% veg diet, but meat was cut in half and starches were cut 90%.  I think I lit the smoker once last Summer.

Are you hitting Chautauqua this year?

I still have my big green egg as I will cook the s$!t that was slowly killing me for others ....if they ask nicely.  Plus, there are some good plant based options for grilling.

No Chautauqua this year for me. My parents 50th wedding anniversary celebration and associated activities is taking up my summer vacation. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.