GDT - Sabres @ Colorado - March 9, 2019 - 3:00 PM - ALT; MSG-B

Sabres Fan in NS

A lot to being optimistic going into next year.  Not!

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I’ve been a fan since being a kid in the 70’s.  For me this is probably my lowest point.  I was ok with the tank because there was fresh hope.  But this is uncharted territory.  

The message from the coaching staff is being tune out Phil.

Edited by Jacque Richard
  • Like (+1) 1

Relative to finishing checks and being physical Jack basically said “other teams do it, why not us” 

Skinner said he would like to see more response.   Reinhart said it too   

Ok, what forwards are going to play that way?  Larry.  Girgs ??? 

What defensemen?  Don’t even talk about Bogo, he has not been fighting or very physical since November.  Risto will only cross check after the whistle.  

Every team in the league knows we can be pushed around.  This goes back to the Florida game were Skinner was slammed and we did nothing, blew the lead and folded.   We are just not a team that stands up and is accounted for.  The Avs are not a physical team yet they came out blasting.  Sure we answered, but when we answer we cannot play an honest game and muster shot attempts.  Today we could not do both against a mediocre team.  

Phil said we have to “execute before we get physical”.   His interview just makes me know that he is not the guy. 

The entire postgame was about this team not standing up.  You guys that argue with me about the response, or lack of, by this team need to watch this postgame.  Our three best forwards all said we need to be more physical.  Bots needs to get us the guys that make the other teams respect our top players.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Why would Skinner want to sign up for 8 more years of this?  He could go to a contender. He should at least wait and see what his options are in free agency. He’s never been to the playoffs and god knows this franchise isn’t getting there any time soon. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Relative to finishing checks and being physical Jack basically said “other teams do it, why not us” 

What defensemen?  Don’t even talk about Bogo, he has not been fighting or very physical since November.  Risto will only cross check after the whistle.  

Every team in the league knows we can be pushed around.  This goes back to the Florida game were Skinner was slammed and we did nothing, blew the lead and folded.   We are just not a team that stands up and is accounted for.  The Avs are not a physical team yet they came out blasting.  Sure we answered, but when we answer we cannot play an honest game and muster shot attempts.  Today we could not do both against a mediocre team.  

Phil said we have to “execute before we get physical”.   His interview just makes me know that he is not the guy. 

The entire postgame was about this team not standing up.  You guys that argue with me about the response, or lack of, by this team need to watch this postgame.  Our three best forwards all said we need to be more physical.  Bots needs to get us the guys that make the other teams respect our top players.

PH failed the post game interview.  Physical first and execute second.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, freester said:

Bots is responsible for this soft cupcake team. Getting rid of Kane was just as bad as getting rid of ROR and hirin Housley 

And yet, having both Kane and ROR on this team and the end result WAS ACTUALLY WORSE than this season...…………..

Yet, Botterill is the problem.

Ok, got it.

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Amen brother, we are paddling the same canoe 

• Thanks (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Next year will be an extremely hard sell.  I don’t live in Buffalo but I can imagine the anger must be building.  Who is going to buy season tix?  

In my opinion the biggest mistake we have made (and there have been a lot) was hiring PH over Gallant who was available.  I live here and follow the Panthers and he was a gifted coach we didn’t even consider if I remember right. 

Gallant  was named coach of Vegas in April '17 ...Botterill named GM in May '17.....Housley named coach in June '17

Gallant was not available when Phil was named coach nor was he available when Botts was hire as GM.

Edited by MakeSabresGrr8Again
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

And yet, having both Kane and ROR on this team and the end result WAS ACTUALLY WORSE than this season...…………..

Ok, got it.

Look at the rest of the line up last year.  Same thing this year. The bottom half sucks.   But add skinner and a few others we got on defense this year and that would be a much more deeper roster. 

Just now, Scottysabres said:

Ok, got it.

A lot has been added Dahlin, Bogo Mitts McCabe playing most of season. Botts has been atrocious and will grossly overpay Skinner now to save his job. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Ok, got it.

Botts hasn't done them any favors by not replacing any of the toughness he traded away. When the top line guys are saying the team isn't physical enough, that is a JBott problem. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I’ve been a fan since being a kid in the 70’s.  For me this is probably my lowest point.  I was ok with the tank because there was fresh hope.  But this is uncharted territory.  

Same here, born 64.  some of my first memories are holding the rabbit ears on a 13" B&W TV so I could see Roger Crozier.

Been watching a long time and this pathetic effort is at the bottom of the sabres history barrel.

Firings are needed now.

• Like (+1) 5

So what will improve from now to the end of the season with housley. 

4 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Botts hasn't done them any favors by not replacing any of the toughness he traded away. When the top line guys are saying the team isn't physical enough, that is a JBott problem. 

The want a fast skating team. Physical play doesn’t exist with the hall of gamer coach. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.