GDT - Sabres @ Colorado - March 9, 2019 - 3:00 PM - ALT; MSG-B

Sabres Fan in NS

Just now, Brawndo said:

How the hell are they only losing by one? 

They have been extremely lucky so far.  Hutton has been caught out if the net with the puck on a Colorado players stick three times.  Each time a defenseman was able to get in the way.  

I’ll take it. I want an ugly road win. Would love to see a strong 3rd by Buffalo for the win. 

Just now, steveoath said:

Poor. Avs came out to push us around. We let them. Need to play harder in final third. 

I won’t say we let them.  Sabres are hitting back.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

But it wasn't Eichel initiating contact.  He was playing the puck.

I see it totally differently. I see Eichel giving up on the puck to turn and try to deliver a check that went bad, with his right upper arm or right side making contact with the Av player's head.

• Like (+1) 1

18 shots attempted (only 7 on goal) through 2 periods. So sad this team can't play a physical style and generate offense at the same time. Multitasking is not the Sabres strong suit, as well as anything else they try.

Edited by Claude Balls

10 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I wouldn't mind if they lose as long as they keep playing physical, but if they can pull out a win without turning back into jellyfish? I might just poop myself.

I think this game is an experience in how they need to manage emotions and remember it’s the score that matters. I like that they’re not backing down but they are not creating anything. Only 20 minutes to get much needed points. Must win period.

Must have balance Daniel Son.

Edited by SABRES 0311

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I see it totally differently. I see Eichel giving up on the puck to turn and try to deliver a check that went bad, with his right upper arm or right side making contact with the Av player's head.

And this is the way that The Department of Player Safety will see it 

1 minute ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I think this game is an experience in how they need to manage emotions and remember it’s the score that matters. I like that they’re not backing down but they are not creating anything. Only 20 minutes to get much needed points. Must win period.

Points are just a consolation prize now, this team ain't going anywhere this season. I would just like to see these guys learn that you can actually score goals AND play physical during the same game. It's hockey, not rocket surgery.

Through 2 periods total team shots

Buffalo 18 (7 on goal)

Colorado 49 (26) on goal

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.