GDT: Sabres at Blackhawks 3-7-19 @8:30PM

spndnchz

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

We had a 4-3 lead for 37 seconds.  Yes  37 seconds   

Sobotka and Tage with some of the worst 4th line play in the history of the NHL and bang. Tie game. 

Yeah, but they had a 3-2 lead for 18:03. Phil would point that part out to you I'm sure. Thst's something they can build off of, lol

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

We had a 4-3 lead for 37 seconds.  Yes  37 seconds   

Sobotka and Tage with some of the worst 4th line play in the history of the NHL and bang. Tie game. 

No, watch the play. Nelson has the puck in the zone and instead not of banking the puck off the boards and out he gets cute and tries a spin around move. He gets checked, loses the Puck.and next thing it's in our net. Low I team. Girgs gives away the puck no on goal 3 and hutton quits on the play.

We have a lot of problems, #1 I'd goaltending

Hutton is living in the past.  These are not the Stanley Cup Black Hawks.  

I thought he was a leader in the beginning of the year.  He seems shell shocked, overwhelmed by being the #1. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Carter Hutton not holding back on what he thinks of his teams talent.

"It's hard for our horses to run with those guys. They have a lot of depth."

He doesn’t have much credibility, not making one save in the shootout.

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Interesting Hutton quote.  "It's tough for us to run with their horses in the shootout.  A retaliatory shot at Reinhart???

lol, I doubt he went there but it'd be a fun conspiracy theory. The goaltending has gotten worse since the comment......................

I really enjoyed Bogo's short handed goal. That was fun. The rest? Well, one of the sloppiest games I've seen all year from anybody punctuated by a 3 on 3 session with so many give aways and terrible play from BOTH sides. Complete rubbish hockey. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

lol, I doubt he went there but it'd be a fun conspiracy theory. The goaltending has gotten worse since the comment......................

I really enjoyed Bogo's short handed goal. That was fun. The rest? Well, one of the sloppiest games I've seen all year from anybody punctuated by a 3 on 3 session with so many give aways and terrible play from BOTH sides. Complete rubbish hockey. 

Yeah, I agree too.  But a little more internal accountability would be refreshing.  I'm all for the Bickering Sabres.  Worked for another Buffalo team.

2 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Carter Hutton not holding back on what he thinks of his teams talent.

"It's hard for our horses to run with those guys. They have a lot of depth."

How about keeping your mouth shut, Carter, and stopping a f-ing shot during the shootout, for example?

Guy is a sieve. 

Really enjoyed Pat Foley's call of the game and the OT was wildly entertaining.

So there's that, I guess.

35 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Look like Hutton wants to be traded or let go in the off season.  Just playing the season out. 

We can only hope; he needs to be replaced and should be easily improved.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, pastajoe said:

He doesn’t have much credibility, not making one save in the shootout.

This isn't the first time he's questioned the teams talent level. Earlier in the season when he was keeping the Sabres in games but they were still losing, he said he wasn't getting any run support. He takes his little digs when he can. But yeah, he was pathetic in the shootout. Last 6 shots he has faces in shootouts, he's let in 6 goals. Not sure if Lehner ever let in 6 in a row.

4 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

This isn't the first time he's questioned the teams talent level. Earlier in the season when he was keeping the Sabres in games but they were still losing, he said he wasn't getting any run support. He takes his little digs when he can. But yeah, he was pathetic in the shootout. Last 6 shots he has faces in shootouts, he's let in 6 goals. Not sure if Lehner ever let in 6 in a row.

Problem is, he is not wrong, including himself...

• Like (+1) 1

The look on Bogo's face when he bore down on goal will send @New Scotland (NS) back to the smoke shack.

There are two habits of hockey players I would eradicate if I ever got a head coaching gig — dogging it to the bench on a line change and coasting behind the play while the opponent breaks in on goal, as if there's no possibility the opponent could score on a rebound or something. Montour has quickly learned the Sabre way.

Make that three — the reckless attempted stick lift that ends up two minutes for high sticking.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Tondas said:

Interesting Hutton quote.  "It's tough for us to run with their horses in the shootout.  A retaliatory shot at Reinhart???

I hate it and I love it. Shootouts expose the lack of offensive talent, the inability to score in the clutch, though it's good to see Jack get a few more this season. Until that problem is solved, the misery will continue.

8 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

Look at Hutton going full-Lehner in the shootout. After having gone half-Lehner on at least two goals tonight.  

But, I suppose our friend @PromoTheRobotwill be happy to regale is with tales of how the goalie is never at fault... let’s have it. 

Not to say that goaltending is the only problem... but woof.  

Which is what I never said. Nice try though, Sabel.

I'm not saying Hutton or Ullmark are never at fault. I'm saying you and others immediately blame the goalie for every goal they let in while ignoring the breakdown that occurs leading to that goal. 

If you leave a shooter with time at point blank range the best goalies only have a 50/50 chance of making a stop. So your team has to limit situations where your goalie has to save your a#s. 

You love to say how good goalies have to make those saves sometimes. Absolutely true. But it's plain stupid to expect them to make that save 20 times a game!

I mean look at that overtime period. Did you see Sheary unable to even hit the pick with his stick along the board? Did you see Skinner turn the puck over in his own end because his teammates skated up ice leaving him alone and double teamed? I could point out at least 5 grossly stupid plays by players not named Hutton during that OT.

And speaking of Lehner, how's he doing this year? Gee. What changed? What are the Islanders known for this year? Playing good D? Limiting scoring chances? Who could imagine those things impacting goalie play? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Which is what I never said. Nice try though, Sabel.

I'm not saying Hutton or Ullmark are never at fault. I'm saying you and others immediately blame the goalie for every goal they let in while ignoring the breakdown that occurs leading to that goal. 

If you leave a shooter with time at point blank range the best goalies only have a 50/50 chance of making a stop. So your team has to limit situations where your goalie has to save your a#s. 

You love to say how good goalies have to make those saves sometimes. Absolutely true. But it's plain stupid to expect them to make that save 20 times a game!

I mean look at that overtime period. Did you see Sheary unable to even hit the pick with his stick along the board? Did you see Skinner turn the puck over in his own end because his teammates skated up ice leaving him alone and double teamed? I could point out at least 5 grossly stupid plays by players not named Hutton during that OT.

And speaking of Lehner, how's he doing this year? Gee. What changed? What are the Islanders known for this year? Playing good D? Limiting scoring chances? Who could imagine those things impacting goalie play? 

3E046520-1FC6-4FB6-9DE7-8E1D11181008.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

He did.  

58 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I hate it and I love it. Shootouts expose the lack of offensive talent, the inability to score in the clutch, though it's good to see Jack get a few more this season. Until that problem is solved, the misery will continue.

Shootouts are pretty much a 50-50 proposition.  If you win 6 of 10 you are good. 

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

... they literally scored 4 goals and were 50% in the shootout and this is your conclusion? Maybe if we had some clutch goaltending we wouldn't need to score 5 goals to win a game. The Misery will continue until the goaltending improves and the defense stops being complete and utter garbage. 

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.