GDT: Sabres at Blackhawks 3-7-19 @8:30PM

spndnchz

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

I don’t know what you are talking about. I was referring to today’s college teams being picked up placed into a Time Machine and dropped onto the ice against any team from the 70s. 

Agree. A 2019 college team would destroy a 1979 pro team. In hockey or football. Watch how slow the game was when 15 years ago let alone 40. 

7 minutes ago, SDS said:

I don’t know what you are talking about. I was referring to today’s college teams being picked up placed into a Time Machine and dropped onto the ice against any team from the 70s. 

Right.  Ten minutes against the Flyers and you would have 18 broken college boys.  

No no way are you right. The 1975 Sabres skill level was extremely high.  Put that college goalie in 1975 pads and watch him crap his pants.  Time machine.  LOL. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

Got it.  So this Sabres team could easily beat the 1928 Ranger's with Lester Patrick going 88 miles an hour in a DeLorean.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

Right.  Ten minutes against Flyers and you would have 18 broken college boys.  

No no way are you right. The 1975 Sabres skill level was extremely high.  Put that college goalie in 1975 pads and watch him crap his pants.  Time machine.  LOL. 

College goalie still knows the butterfly and the kids are gonna just out skate the flyers. The 1975 Sabres wouldn't stand a chance. The skating, conditioning, and overall skill is superior in today's game. 

Go watch old games. Compare to today. Today's game is light years faster and players are more skilled and in far better shape. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Agree. A 2019 college team would destroy a 1979 pro team. In hockey or football. Watch how slow the game was when 15 years ago let alone 40. 

I'll take the 1979 team any day.  Players in 1979 were motivated to give max effort because if they didn't, they would be sent to the minors.  Todays players lack the same motivation and feel sorry for themselves if they don't play.  They may be bigger, stronger and faster, but softer in heart and character.

As I said I another post, level the playing field by having today's players use the same equipment in 1979 and see how they do!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

College goalie still knows the butterfly and the kids are gonna just out skate the flyers. The 1975 Sabres wouldn't stand a chance. The skating, conditioning, and overall skill is superior in today's game. 

Older fans like to be nostalgic about their childhood heroes. All anyone have to do is pull up an old game. It’s slow as molasses. People are falling everywhere. Pucks thrown randomly around the ice. It’s not the same game. 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Go watch old games. Compare to today. Today's game is light years faster and players are more skilled and in far better shape. 

Ok. I give.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

I'll take the 1979 team any day.  Players in 1979 were motivated to give max effort because if they didn't, they would be sent to the minors.  Todays players lack the same motivation and feel sorry for themselves if they don't play.  They may be bigger, stronger and faster, but softer in heart and character.

As I said I another post, level the playing field by having today's players use the same equipment in 1979 and see how they do!

They'd win. Take your millenials are lazy crap elsewhere too. A college team from today would skate all over the 1979 who ever. It wouldn't be close even with old equipment. 

I like how you have to keep adding conditions.

Just now, SDS said:

Older fans like to be nostalgic about their childhood heroes. All anyone have to do is pull up an old game. It’s slow as molasses. People are falling everywhere. Pucks thrown randomly around the ice. It’s not the same game. 

Agree.  Nor should eras be compared to one another.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SDS said:

I watched the 06 playoffs where we beat Ottawa, that looks slower let alone 1979

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.