GDT: Sabres at Blackhawks 3-7-19 @8:30PM

spndnchz

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

I've been saying that for so long now. No look passes, the now infamous failed drop passes, just chucking the puck to the opponent, panicking and giving up possession, lack of puck battle along the boards, backing up way to much in the D zone with total failure to challenge...……………….and the list goes on...……………..

Agree.  I think the issue is, when turnovers cost you games, everyone gets gun shy.  When we were at our best,  possession was important to this team, we'd confidently circle it back to the defense and start a rush from there.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tondas said:

And Alabama could beat the Bills.  Heard it all before.  College kids agains Gilbert Perreault, Martin, Robert, and Gare.  That's delusional.

No Alabama cannot beat the bills. stupid people say things like that. Again feel free to pull up a YouTube video and watch how awful those hockey players are compared to today’s hockey players. 

I did this exact thing last night.

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

I wish people would just go to YouTube and watch the Sabres or any other team of the 70s.  It’s a clown show. Any college team could have beaten to 75 Sabres  and certainly any Junior national team. 

If I recall, the Sabres beat the Soviet team...so I don't think it was exactly Slapshot old-time hockey.  Yes the game is different in many respects, but I would like to see today's players can use wood sticks and old fashioned skates and goalies using smaller heavier pads and straight-bladed goalie sticks and see how they do.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

No Alabama cannot beat the bills. stupid people say things like that. Again feel free to pull up a YouTube video and watch how awful those hockey players are compared to today’s hockey players. 

I did this exact thing last night.

But we're not talking about today's hockey players.  We're talking about 1975 Pros vs 1975 college kids.  No way a college team beats the 1975 Sabres.  NO WAY.

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, ct fab said:

Love karlsson but who's taking Scandella? Plus that's leaves BOGO And McCabe as the only enforces on d. Would need to sign/aquire a stay at home tough damn. Borgen won't be ready yet

There are no more "enforcers" in the NHL, although still quite a few in the lower levels. Sabres are fine with Bogo and McCabe for physicality on the back end. What the Sabres could use is a couple Tom Wilson, Miles Wood, Nick Foligno type of forwards who can put the puck in the net and aren't afraid of their own shadows.

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SDS said:

I wish people would just go to YouTube and watch the Sabres or any other team of the 70s.  It’s a clown show. Any college team could have beaten to 75 Sabres  and certainly any Junior national team. 

LOL. You are  hysterical. Any college team then, or now?    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tondas said:

But we're not talking about today's hockey players.  We're talking about 1975 Pros vs 1975 college kids.  No way a college team beats the 1975 Sabres.  NO WAY.

I don’t know what you are talking about. I was referring to today’s college teams being picked up placed into a Time Machine and dropped onto the ice against any team from the 70s. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.