GDT: Sabres at Blackhawks 3-7-19 @8:30PM

spndnchz

I know how this movie ends, but I also know how this season ends.  It's been only a year since I've seen the season end this way; it's been far longer since I've seen this movie.

Have fun!

I'll watch the Colorado game, though.

5 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I would have liked to have seen what a full season would look like with him....too bad he got hurt so early.

I think many underestimate what a Wilson type player brings to a team.

15 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I think the Montour acquisition seals the fate of Risto leaving to be honest. And it wouldn't bother me one bit. I don't believe Risto is a Sabres next season.

I been thinking for a while that during trade deadline the groundwork for a ristolainen trade was made already.

Risto + Scandella of the books makes room for Karlsson ?

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I been thinking for a while that during trade deadline the groundwork for a ristolainen trade was made already.

Risto + Scandella of the books makes room for Karlsson ?

Love karlsson but who's taking Scandella? Plus that's leaves BOGO And McCabe as the only enforces on d. Would need to sign/aquire a stay at home tough damn. Borgen won't be ready yet

5 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Take the Caps' Wilson for example. 

Just my feeling.

Mine too...……….cheers ?

Also, how critical was Wilson to his team mate in getting off the island...…?

Wilson's as a line mate can float away on you though to, ask Tom Hanks...…………..

Edited by Scottysabres

4 minutes ago, ct fab said:

Love karlsson but who's taking Scandella? Plus that's leaves BOGO And McCabe as the only enforces on d. Would need to sign/aquire a stay at home tough damn. Borgen won't be ready yet

Disproved this already today. This theory of enforcer defenders is busted. This isn't 1999 and it isn't what wins you games. I'd rather have 6 guys who can exit the zone with possession then 6 guys who are physical on defense. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ct fab said:

Enforcer is just code for lacking skill.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Disproved this already today. This theory of enforcer defenders is busted. This isn't 1999 and it isn't what wins you games. 

Does Darien Hatcher have a son?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SDS said:

Enforcer is just code for lacking skill.

Agree.  Which is why I have a hard time with the idea of Risto leaving.  He gives enough physicality on defense and has consistently contributed on offense.  Why can't he just stop the bonehead giveaways etc?

9 minutes ago, ct fab said:

Danny Gare was 5' 8' and 175 but he was a tough SOB.  Those are the guys we need now, not John Scott's.  No offense to John.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.