GDT: Sabres at Blackhawks 3-7-19 @8:30PM

spndnchz

Hutton wants to be the man.  Now is the time to prove it.  No excuses.

1 minute ago, Beer said:

Phil musta tossed a couple trash bins and knocked the clipboard out of Hajt’s hands during the intermission.

A couple of "you're darn tootin's" and a few "gollie geez."

• Like (+1) 1

Dahlin and Montour are 1/3 of the vaunted Nashville defense.  Maybe Nelson and Pilot make another 1/3 next year.  A trade and a surprise from a prospect and maybe we're close. 

Edited by Tondas

3 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Ballsy play by Wilson.  Blocked the first shot and it hurt.  Then falls in front of the next shot.  It didn't hit him but that would charge me up if I were on the bench.

I would have liked to have seen what a full season would look like with him....too bad he got hurt so early.

45 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

We have a better roster this year but the results are not that much better.  JBots has fielded 2 terrible teams in a row.  The water is going to get warm next year. 

How much of that is on Botterill and how much is on Housley? There is no doubt there is more talent on the roster and GMJB is on record saying he and Jason Nightengale give input to the coaching staff who have the final decision on the lineup. And those lineups have been questionable at best. 

Botterill also mentioned on a radio interview that Reinhart can drive his own line shortly after he was placed back with Eichel and Skinner. He also cannot be too happy with his Amerk Callups consistently watching the game from the press box. 

That being said Botterill did leave a gaping hole with the ROR Trade. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I think the Montour acquisition seals the fate of Risto leaving to be honest. And it wouldn't bother me one bit. I don't believe Risto is a Sabres next season.

Interesting thought

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.