GDT: Sabres at Blackhawks 3-7-19 @8:30PM

spndnchz

Just now, Scottysabres said:

Ultimately, I realize you are correct.

But...…………...

***** that, I want our boys to go out there and start kicking them in the nuts, start spearing them, high elbows...………..I want blood and teeth on the ice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come On Boys...…………………...SCORE!!!!!!!!!!

At least put in a balls out effort on EVERY shift.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

It's been a while since I watched On Her Majesty's Secret Service.  I'm having second thoughts: maybe Lazenby wasn't such a bad James Bond; maybe it's the plot.  

Kind of both IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

I would not bet on that.  Risto is great at cross checking people in a scrum.  Sure he is strong but he just like to talk.   Until he takes off his gloves and fights someone I will continue to believe he is a pretender.  

Like the fighter Toews?

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Ultimately, I realize you are correct.

But...…………...

***** that, I want our boys to go out there and start kicking them in the nuts, start spearing them, high elbows...………..I want blood and teeth on the ice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come On Boys...…………………...SCORE!!!!!!!!!!

Who wants to be right about that.  I know what you mean but I just don't think we have enough talent to do anything about what's happening.  

Since this isn't our roster going forward, my next best option is improving it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

Like the fighter Toews?

Never said Toews is a fighter.  He is great player deserving of respect.  I real captain and a Stanley Cup Champion.  He clearly does not fear or respect Risto.   He has challenged Risto in two straight games now. 

If Risto wants to make a statement he can start tonight.   I’m waiting. 

11 minutes ago, inkman said:

This Risto is tough trope needs to stop. 

Saying he could win against Toews isn't saying he's tough.  

Why don't you stop telling posters what to think and post?  I'm tired of you and your snarky comments. 

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I would not bet on that.  Risto is great at cross checking people in a scrum.  Sure he is strong but he just likes to talk.   Until he takes off his gloves and fights someone I will continue to believe he is a pretender.  

Ive read on this board that people think Risto doesn't hit anyone, but in truth he's got the 6th most in the East & has the most hits on our team by far. Next guy down has half the hits as he does which is Girgensons. Just goes to show how soft this team is in general & how much this team depends on Risto to provide some form of physicality. Often to his detriment, as Risto finishing his checks often puts him out of position.

I think Risto would be better served on our 2nd pairing, with reduced minutes overall. But for lack of any better options he's been the go to guy ever since he came here. I see a lot of similarities between him & Tyler Myers in terms of how we've handled (mishandled) him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.