Jake McCabe done for the year...UBI 5-6 week recovery

matter2003

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

Isn’t this par for the course? Has he ever had a season when he hasn’t missed a significant portion due to injury?

He should change his name to McBogo

Just trying to schedule some work for the bunker boys.....

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

He seems to get hurt every year. Maybe it's time to remove him from long term plans?

No need to at this point. He's still cheap and under team control (RFA status). This isn't an Okposo or Bogosian situation where the guy is locked up long term for big money. If anything it may mean that we can lock him up at a lower cap hit, or we can sign him to a short term deal for an even lower rate to minimize risk.

3 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

Is it possible to not see McCabe in a Sabres uniform again?

Possible, but not likely.  I don't see him as being part of the problem.  The Fin on his right side, that's another story.

3 hours ago, Tondas said:

Possible, but not likely.  I don't see him as being part of the problem.  The Fin on his right side, that's another story.

I'm indifferent.  I think he's a poor puck handling defenseman and I think he turns the puck over far too much.  However I do like that he gives us some physicality.  

Part of the problem is a little difficult for me to assign to him and I wouldn't create a hole to get rid of him.  However I do think, if we're ever going to get to a point where we're good, he can't get top 4 minutes.  

• 4 weeks later...

I was surprised to see him back.  He looked a little rusty, but one thing he does far, far better than any other Sabres D-man, and somthing the forum has been howling about lately, is he clears the net front and boxes opposing forwards out.

Now we need 5 more who can do that.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I was surprised to see him back.  He looked a little rusty, but one thing he does far, far better than any other Sabres D-man, and somthing the forum has been howling about lately, is he clears the net front and boxes opposing forwards out.

Now we need 5 more who can do that.

So trade Dahlin? ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.