GDT - Edmonton @ Sabres - March 4, 2019 - 7:00 PM EST - MSG-B; SN (a lot) & others

Sabres Fan in NS

4 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

The focus of a young team lulled to sleep almost like my teenager when he gets bored... cant and wont do *****.  Someone literally needs to lite a fire under their ***** on the bench.  Phil needs to pull out a big old 2x4 and start wacking some heads, Dahlin's especially.

Ok- oh wait it was risto and Scandella who forgot how to play d on goals 2 and 3.  But let's blame Dahlin for those. Funny. Goal 4 went in off a skate

5 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Well.............

"I liked our effort in the 1st period"

"Thought we let the game get away from us in the 2nd"

"They must learn to respect their defensive zone"

"Played much better in the 3rd"

"Can't dwell on it, have to focus on the next one"

You forgot one

"It's hard to win a game in this league"

I never understood that one. If it's so hard, why do so many other teams not have such a hard time doing it? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

You forgot one

"It's hard to win a game in this league"

I never understood that one. If it's so hard, why do so many other teams not have such a hard time doing it? 

Actually, the stats say they are pretty even.

12 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

The focus of a young team lulled to sleep almost like my teenager when he gets bored... cant and wont do *****.  Someone literally needs to lite a fire under their ***** on the bench.  Phil needs to pull out a big old 2x4 and start wacking some heads, Dahlin's especially.

You’ll need a different head coach if you ever expect that to happen. Not that you’re wrong in wanting it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Should be an interesting 3rd.  If I were Jack, I would tell every player that if they don't win this game, each of them we sit at their lockers after the game and answer every question asked on why they continue to $hit the bed (you hear that Risto).  That's a Drury move.  But I do feel for Jack having to sit there and take the brunt of every team failing.

Edited by Tondas
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Should be an interesting 3rd.  If I were Jack, I would tell every player that if they don't win this game, each of them we sit at their lockers after the game and answer every question asked on why they continue to $hit the bed (you hear that Risto).  That's a Drury move.  But I do feel for Jack having to sit there and take the blunt of every team failing.

Best post yet. Right on Brother.  

5 minutes ago, freester said:

Does anyone really think our goaltending is better than last year?

No. Especially when your #1 goalie from last year goes to a new team and could possibly win the Vezina this year. Pretty obvious there are some other serious issues as well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

Just seems like a lame excuse to me. I blame Dick Jauron for introducing that phrase to Buffalo sports fans.

It is a lame excuse.

I was just joking that the total number of wins by all nil teams is the exact same as the number of all losses.

17 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The crowd booed them off the ice and Dahlin look shocked by it. 

He cannot and will not understand the pure soul sucking misery it is to be a Buffalo fan.  His exposure to Buffalo sports has been a complacent Bills Mafia and a hockey fan base that was disillusioned into thinking their team was good for 1/2 a season. 

Quite frankly, the kids passive disposition will be his undoing here. 

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

It is a lame excuse.

I was just joking that the total number of wins by all nil teams is the exact same as the number of all losses.

Gotcha, my bad. With all the stats and analytics nowadays I'm sure they could come up with something that might suggest that. 

1 minute ago, inkman said:

He cannot and will not understand the pure soul sucking misery it is to be a Buffalo fan.  His exposure to Buffalo sports has been a complacent Bills Mafia and a hockey fan base that was disillusioned into thinking their team was good for 1/2 a season. 

This team needs a coach that will teach them how to hate to lose.  Housley never had that characteristic, so he'll never be that coach.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

I don’t think he is passive at all.  He shows more grit than most on this team. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.